X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stonewolf
    replied
    Thanks.
    I wasn't either complaining about this; actually, I was wondering why does people do such things like releasing a hack/mod without checking before that everything is working by the book they wrote .

Cheers,

Leave a comment:

• djbaxter
    replied
    It is the Post Thanks add-on. While this was upgraded to 4.x, and does work (mostly) on 4.x, the old search feature (i.e., find all posts thanked or all thanked posts) has NOT been implemented. It is this "inactive" feature that references the missing table - nonimplemented code remnants from the previous 3.x version.

Generally it seems to be search engine spiders following links that trigger this error. However, occasionally it seems to be a human member. This puzzles me because I can't find any way to initiate such a search in the 4.x version of the add-on.

In any case, don't worry a lot about it. It's not doing any damage. It's an "annoyance" rather than a fatal error.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewolf
    replied
    Thanks for your reply and answers; I have a fresh install (last vs. 4.0.2 PL1), not from backup (I don't even have one). The only thing I'm backing always up is the DB, not the entire script! Regarding this issue, how could a hack/mod affect a non-existing table by calling it (assuming the hack was properly made for the actual version of vB)? I am only using 4 hacks (post_thanks, advanced_stats, chatbox and a custom media BBcode). If this is the case, where should I look for that query (for example: post_thanks.php is calling the table "search" for data insert and does not find it) and what line of code should be changed? ...

Thanks in advance.
    Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• deirdre
    replied
    I forgot to come back and tell you what was my problem. My problem was in fact coming from the backup I had.

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    You are right, there is no "search" table to be found int he install folder because it NO LONGER EXISTS. You should NOT have a table with this name in vB4. If there is some code querying for that table, then it is some old code (modification or plugin or old file leftover that you forgot to replace) that you did not replace when you upgraded your forum.

Leave a comment:

• Stonewolf
    replied
    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
    There used to be a table "search", so those errors are from some old code you still have around somewhere.
    Hello,
    I have the same issue (table "xxx_search" is missing) but is NOT RELATED with any hack / mod I use at this time! I just had a look inside the /install folder of vB (the clean install folder of the script before uploading to server); there IS NOWHERE a table called "search" to be found! There are some several tables like "searchcore", "searchcore_txt" and so on ... But NO "search". Does anyone have this table and is it so kind to attach it here so I can add this table to my vB DB, please?
    Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
    Last edited by Stonewolf; Mon 22 Mar '10, 2:14pm.

Leave a comment:

• deirdre
    replied
    Crap I spoke too soon. It's still doing it. It's an addon i used to have but I disabled it (the post thanks one). Deleted that file and holding my breath now

Leave a comment:

• deirdre
    replied
    I think I figured it out. I hadn't deleted the live of the forum while I made changes to a backup. I deleted it now and I think we're ok. I just didn't get it since I reverted everything but a little sleep and tada

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    There used to be a table "search", so those errors are from some old code you still have around somewhere.

Leave a comment:

• deirdre
    started a topic [Forum] table not found

table not found

"I just installed vbulletin 4.0 suite. I disabled all the hacks I had etc, no problems except for this one:

it seems the bots are having issues and I keep getting back a mysql error email saying " table blah_vbsearch' doesn't exist

I have seen this error for earlier versions but the fix doesn't work and it just tells me (again) that the table doesn't exist. I looked at the tables and there isn't a vbsearch. There's a vbsearchcore

I didn't want to try anything else because I don't want to screw it up now that I have it up and running