Quick reply whacked out after 4.0.1 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Quick reply whacked out after 4.0.1 upgrade

My "Quick Reply" box is totally screwed up after upgrading from 4.0 to 4.0.1. See attached screen shot. All the controls are aligned verticly and can't be clicked on.

Please help!
    Attached Files

Take a look at postbit_quickedit. Does it show as being modified?

Comment

You have to go into AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager and remove the HTML Markup Tags from each usergroup.
      s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
        Take a look at postbit_quickedit. Does it show as being modified?
        No, it does not look modified. It's not orange, as templates are when they have been modified.

Originally posted by s0lidgr0und View Post
        You have to go into AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager and remove the HTML Markup Tags from each usergroup.
        I don't have any HTML Markup Tags for my usergroups.

Comment

Ok. Well, that's what it was for me. Good luck.

Is your admincp telling you that you have any templates to revert? I had about a dozen of them to do.
          s.molinari - I would like to ask all customers to definitely feedback issues with the software and be specific with the issues, but to basically suck-up what happened in the past and try to just look forward.

Comment

it might be an addon related thing ? have you tried to stop all the add-ons ?

Comment

Just found the problem. My "headinclude" template was modified, and Quick reply got back to normal when i reverted it. Phew...! Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Originally posted by maipoman View Post
                Just found the problem. My "headinclude" template was modified, and Quick reply got back to normal when i reverted it. Phew...! Thanks for trying to help.
                Thanks, I had the same problem

BR's

-Patrick

Comment

I am having this same problem, but it doesn't happen EVERY time. It seems to mess up when replying to certain posts, and not others.

None of these fixes worked for me.

Any other ideas? .. or is this a real bug that will be fixed in 4.0.2?

Comment

Originally posted by ClayGP View Post
                    I am having this same problem, but it doesn't happen EVERY time. It seems to mess up when replying to certain posts, and not others.

None of these fixes worked for me.

Any other ideas? .. or is this a real bug that will be fixed in 4.0.2?
                    As others noted, the headinclude template modification may be the root of the problem. Certainly look at each and every one of your modified templates and compare your version with the default ones. I've tried to VERY minimally modify my templates and what I've generally found is that reverting back and making the small modifications again has worked the best towards making things look good. I also had the problem noted here but was able to fix it by fixing the templates.

I'm hopeful that everything can be shifted to StyleVars so that I don't have to make any template modifications .. Other than logo and colors I'm pretty happy with the new look. Unfortunately a few bugs here and there make it so I have to modify the templates as well.

Comment

I found the problem. I was missing a </font> tag in my custom coding on the left side of my postbit legacy template. I guess that messed up the quick reply box.

Comment

same error!! any solution please?
                        vBulletin Services I offer: www.Todo10.com
                        Technical vB/Server/Hosting support Service also!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                        Working...
                        X