Section/Category Counts in Sidebars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Section/Category Counts in Sidebars

I created my sections and categories and added some articles into categories. I am using the sidebar Section and Category features provided by Vb 4.0, but the categories feature is not showing the count for the new articles added. Do I have to run an update counter of some sort?

Thanks!

I have the same problem - (0) doesn't change

I have the same problem. The (0) doesn't change no matter how many posts in that category.
    BillStilwell.com

Comment

I find that clearing the CMS cache makes the category article count refresh when adding articles.... BUT, when I delete the articles the count does not go down whatever I do!!

It remains "CategoryName (2)" and when I click on it I get "I find no available content in category CategoryName".

Comment

Sorry. That is a bug. It's been fixed.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

I just downloaded 4.0.1 - was the category count bug fixed in this version because I have deleted an article as well but it still shows one in the category when in fact there is zero?

Thanks,
          Thomas

Comment

Same here. Just installed 4.0.1 and the category item count will still not go down after deleting an article. Clearing cache has no effect.

Alex

Comment

Same. Delete article after no effect.
              while(true){
              if(
              $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
              if(
              $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
              }

Comment

same problem here with 4.01

Comment

I'm having the same problem and I'm in 4.01 -- the categories are not updating and linking to the posts, yet the category is showing as a link under the post itself.

Comment

I updated to 4.1.1 and it did not fix the problem. Can someone help me?

Comment

Never mind! After all this time I found the answer! I had two categories with identical names! When I deleted one of them, the sidebar updated.

I'm just putting this here for others in case it helps them.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X