SELECT thread.threadid, thread.title

FROM thread AS thread

WHERE forumid = 12
                AND visible = 1
                AND open <> 10

AND lastpost > 
            ORDER BY lastpost
            LIMIT 1;

MySQL Error   : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY lastpost
            LIMIT 1' at line 11
    Error Number  : 1064
    Request Date  : Tuesday, January 12th 2010 @ 04:36:33 PM
    Error Date    : Tuesday, January 12th 2010 @ 04:36:33 PM
    Script        : http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gear-accessories-sponsored-gun-works/11774-new-texas-holster-maker-next-thread.html
    Referrer      : 
    IP Address    : 87.250.xxx.xxx
    Username      : Unregistered
    Classname     : vB_Database
    MySQL Version :
    Evidently the Quick Reply was the problem. I "went advanced" and it displays properly.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Try wrapping the error on [code][/code] tags

Leave a comment:

• TXGunTalk
    replied
    The offending script varies by the error, and always contains a thread's URL with "-next-thread.html" at the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• TXGunTalk
    replied
    I give up being able to write out a legible response ... For some reason or another the text just gets rammed together

Leave a comment:

• TXGunTalk
    replied
    Originally posted by Paul M View Post
    You need to post the whole error message as it shows what script etc was being run.
    The entire emailed script is posted above, just it's not formatted. Copy and paste seems to jack it up. Database Error in vBulletin 4.0.0: Invalid SQL: SELECT thread.threadid, thread.title FROM thread AS thread WHERE forumid=9 AND visible=1 AND open 10 AND lastpost > ORDER BY lastpost LIMIT 1; MySQL Error: You have an error in your MySQL syntax; Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY lastpost LIMIT 1' at Line 11. I typed it out ... hopefully it's more legible. The offending script varies by the error, and always contains a thread's URL with "-next-thread.html" at the end of it.

Leave a comment:

• Paul M
    replied
    You need to post the whole error message as it shows what script etc was being run.

Leave a comment:

• TXGunTalk
    replied
    I don't understand why this damn post won't format. It wouldn't even let me use half the buttons on the WYSIWYG editor.

Leave a comment:

• vBulletin Database Error - MySQL Syntax Missing

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.0: Invalid SQL: SELECT thread.threadid, thread.title FROM thread AS thread WHERE forumid = 32 AND visible = 1 AND open 10 AND lastpost > ORDER BY lastpost LIMIT 1; MySQL Error : You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'ORDER BY lastpost LIMIT 1' at line 11 I've been getting these emails with regularity ever since my upgrade to 4.0. I need to know the value that is missing. AND lastpost > (What value goes here?)
    Last edited by TXGunTalk; Sun 10 Jan '10, 4:41pm.
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X