Usergroup Settings Not Saving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Usergroup Settings Not Saving

I'm trying to amend my usergroup setting - that part works fine. But when I go to save them, it just is NOT saving!

What am I doing wrong?

Are you getting any errors in your error_log? Does it say anything when it doesn't save? Check to see Maintenance > diagnostics > Problematic Webserver Modules

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

This is what I get Lynne:

Suhosin
      Suhosin can limit the amount of data submitted and encrypt cookies causing problems with several aspects of vBulletin.

mod_security (AJAX Unicode Issue - No)
      The above setting will indicate if mod_security is preventing some AJAX requests from being submitted to vBulletin. If this shows Yes then you either need to disable mod_security or change the AJAX settings with the vBulletin Options and disable Problematic features.

Comment

You don't have a NO next to Suhosin? If not, then I'm guessing that is your issue and you will need to modify a couple of suhosin configuration variables. Try a search on suhosin and some threads should come up with some recommended changes to suhosin to work with vbulletin.

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Would I be right in thinking that I need to amend the php.ini file, as stated in this thread?

If so, where do I locate the php.ini file?

Comment

I don't use suhosin, so I can't comment on what you should change. As for the php.ini file, it is wherever your host installed it. Try looking in your /etc directory.

Comment

Well I've got onto my host, and I'm trying to find out whether they know the solution. In the mean time does anyone else have any input on solving my issue?

Thank you for your help Lynne!

Comment

Just thought I'd give a heads up. I've resolved this issue by contacting my host, who amended by php.ini file and increased the values of my suhosin files to 4,096!

Comment

Glad you got it working!

Comment

i have same problem before and vbulletin support told me

This may be due to mod_security. See this thread:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167121

The most likely cause of this problem is the suhosin module in PHP. If so this can be fixed by editing the php.ini (requires root access to the server) or by via a .htaccess file with the following contents:

php_flag suhosin.cookie.encrypt Off
                    php_value suhosin.request.max_vars 2048
                    php_value suhosin.post.max_vars 2048

You can create your own .htaccess file and upload it to your main forum directory. It's a simple text file.

If this doesn't work or you get an 'Internal Server Error' after doing this, then unfortunately this means that your host is not allowing this change. The only thing you can do now is to ask your host to make the necessary changes to suhosin.

Here is a post that lists some of the recommended suhosin settings for compatibility with vB:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1329782#post1329782

All the best,
                    Zachery Woods
                    Support Team, vBulletin

and i talk with my host and fix it

Comment

I found this tip helpful. fixed my issue with forum groups duplicating

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=221373
                      russbo.com

Comment