X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] WYSIWYG editor & Thread Subscription

Hello

Dears

after transfer my phpbb3 to vb4 all old member use standard editor by default

how i can make the WYSIWYG editor is the default editor for all old members? not just the new members?

and same question for Thread Subscription

Regards...
    Last edited by extra pc; Sat 9 Jan '10, 7:27am.

You can edit your members manually, one by one and change what editor interface they should use by default
    while(true){
    if(
    $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
    if(
    $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
    }

Comment

Originally posted by Dody View Post
      You can edit your members manually, one by one and change what editor interface they should use by default
      lool i know that but i have 130000 members on my board!!

Comment

up.....

Comment

Another way of doing it, is to excute a SQL command that updates what editor all your users should use.
          while(true){
          if(
          $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
          if(
          $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
          }

Comment

ok i need this command plz cuz i don't have experince with sql

Comment

up....

Comment

Ok I will PROPERLY answer your question. Why does everyone assume one knows exactly what to do with nearly no guidance?

This is what you need to do:

1. Edit your "config.php" in your "includes" directory of your installation and locate this:
                // ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
                // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
                // See the above entries for more information on the format.
                // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
                // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
                $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '';

You will need to specify the ID of the user with permissions to run queries. i.e.

$config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '1';

This option is enabled only here for security reasons. If you want to know the ID of the user, you'll need to check the "users" table by using an SQL Editor like myPHPadmin. (Provided by most hosts)

2. Now go to your AdminCP --> Mainteneance --> Execute SQL Query --> In the drop down box select "Show enhanced WYSIWYG editor toolbar" .... continue... That's it.

Now all your users will have WYSIWYG toolbar Enabled.

If you want to make it default for new users change the settings in AdminCP --> Settings --> User Registration Options --> Message Editor Interfase

I had exactly the same problem and had to solve it myself. Hope this is useful.
                Last edited by TheAquanox; Mon 11 Jan '10, 11:59am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X