Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Section Standard View All

Hi,

I tried to find on the forum if this question is already asked, but couldn't find it so ...

On the section edit page, you can set the show "View All". When I set this to yes, you can click on it and you get pages.
    When I set this to No, I don't get pages. I want to have the pages as default and not having to click the view all ... is this possible??

- ZexTasy

I don't understand what you mean - you want your main section page to look like the View All page where there is just a list of new articles? Have you tried just setting your Content Columns to 1 column to make it just list the articles?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Here you can see what I mean:

Settings for the section:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	screen3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	6.5 KB
ID:	3677515

I have View All link no, and here you see that it shows 2 items per page, without the page buttons

Name:	screen1.jpg
Size:	46.5 KB
ID:	3677513

I have View All link yes, and here you see that it shows 2 items per page, with the view all link

Name:	screen2.jpg
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	3677516

When I click the view all link, it shows 5 (where does this amount come from?) and the page buttons.

Name:	screen4.jpg
Size:	50.2 KB
ID:	3677514

What I want is that when I click on the section in the navigation, it shows preferrably 10 articles (is this the per page setting?) and the page buttons and NOT the View All link.

I hope you understand what I mean now

- ZexTasy

Comment

Go to the section > hover over name > click the pencil > change Per Page to 10 and see if you get what you want. (I don't know where the number for View All comes from either. I get four articles when I click View All. Weird.)

edit: Actually, I just looked in the edit Section page. On the bottom is a list of all the articles and it lists what section they are from. I have four articles in The Front Page which is the section I clicked View All for. So, View All shows only those articles in that section.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yes. "View All" is a link to show all the articles that are in exactly that section- not a subsection. You can turn that link off.

In the current implementation you don't get pagination on a section page. That's coming soon, but I can't give you a date. You get as many articles as you have specified, and if you want to see more you have to go to the appropriate section and click "view all".
          Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X