Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Banned Admin

Hi!

Have a strange problem on the forum. Admin (me) is cursed by another admin. Should it be possible that I may be cursed by another admin? Is not the root admin safe from such? He did it to test the safety, since we will have other admins to post. The problem now is that he does not come into the admin cp, but only a small part of this, so he can not do it either-What should I do?

It was possible to unban the user via the profile. Is there no way to sikkre ROOT Admin from being banned by other admins?

Comment

ad the user id of the admin you call 'root' admin to the uneditable users list in the .php files. (config.php iirc?)
      MCO Raid Alliance - Shadowsong EU MCO guild home.

Comment

Yeah, edit your user id in to the config.php undeletable/unalterable users section of the file, then he wont be able to change anything of yours at all.

Just clarifying from Anseur

Comment

Thanks for the response

Comment

Then change the passwords.
            ttttt

Comment

Change the passwords and then go in and ban that admin.
              Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
              Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

Think I might make this mistake. I've got my host to install vBulletin for me on my servers. Went into the "CP" to the server, then went to "phpMyAdmin". Here I found many files listed in a row. But I could not find config.php. I'm looking in the wrong place?

Comment

kat00

Were can i do this?
                  Last edited by lamb; Wed 6 Jan '10, 9:41pm.

Comment

schwab2clarkson :

lol, he is a friend of mine, he did it just to see if this was possible. We will be using some other admins to help us operate the boarder, just wanted to check if they could ban me.

possible, I explained a bit bad, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by lamb View Post
                      Think I might make this mistake. I've got my host to install vBulletin for me on my servers. Went into the "CP" to the server, then went to "phpMyAdmin". Here I found many files listed in a row. But I could not find config.php. I'm looking in the wrong place?

Bump

Comment

You will find config.php in the File Manager of your CPanel.

Be Careful
                        ttttt

Comment

config.php would be found in your ftp files. open the file in a html editor then look for something like Uneditable unalterable admins.. you should then type in your user ID#

Comment

This is is very strange and weird of vb, even you edit config file, you still got banned from other admin but you still able login ACP
                            Last edited by altonc; Thu 7 Jan '10, 9:51am.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X