Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are the backgrounds of toplinks set to navbar_tabs_background?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Why are the backgrounds of toplinks set to navbar_tabs_background?

I asked this question during the beta stages but I assumed it woukld be fixed by now.

The top links area looks ok when you are logged in. However, it looks all messed up when not logged in.

Have a look at the image below. Notice the blue box around the sign in area. This background colour takes the value of whatever is set in navbar_tabs_background. This seems very silly to me i.e. having the background colour of one class control the background of a completely unrelated one. I'm not sure why this is background box even there in the first place to be honest.

This brings up a problem. I want to remove the blue background but the only way to do it is to set the navbar to white, which I don't want. So, the only solution I have is to set the toplinks to white.

However, this brings up problem number 2. Notice the remember me text underneath the top links? No, well that's because the remember me text takes on the colour value of the top links, even though it is text and not a link.

Seeing that we are now in patch level 1, I really think this is something that needs to be addressed.

Kevin
    | System 0 |

neither this or my previous question about it have been addressed. This is a major styling problem in my opinion. Can someone from vbulletin please answer this.
    | System 0 |

Comment

Agreed 100% I need this fixed too

Comment

did you write a bug report, its been annoying me aswell..
        if you got a bug report, please link, i would like to confirm it..

Click image for larger version

Name:	loginout.gif
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	3677485
        Last edited by Eqvaliser; Tue 5 Jan '10, 9:49am. Reason: added screenshot
        Vbulletin fan

Comment

Just looking at that today and seeing that it's wrong. Bug report it so I can confirm.
          -Andy.
          http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
          http://www.mindplacesupport.com

Comment

Uploaded to the 4.0.1 today. This problem still remains. Surely the background of the top login should have it's own css option in the stylevars.
            | System 0 |

Comment

Originally posted by fonzerelli_79 View Post
              Uploaded to the 4.0.1 today. This problem still remains. Surely the background of the top login should have it's own css option in the stylevars.
              The users above have asked you to post it in the bug tracker and then post the link here so they can confirm it. If it isn't in the bug tracker, the chances of it getting fixed are close to nil.

In the meanwhile, this should work in additional.css:
              Code:
              /* Change toplinks for non-logged in user */
              .toplinks .logindetails, .toplinks ul.nouser li a {
              background: white; color: black;}
              .toplinks ul.nouser li a:hover  {

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

bug has now been posted here.

the css fix you posted works too. thanks
                | System 0 |

Comment

And how about adding a similar background when the user has logged in? I rotate banners and in some of those the text is lost

I can't figure which one is the variable in 'stylevars', could anybody help me with this issue?
                  thanks
                  Currently working on:
                  Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
                  Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment

You may be interested in this article to help you find stylevars yourself - HOW TO Find what Stylevar you need to edit

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

Hmm... well, thought this could be made using the stylevars instead of editing CSS files, but I'll figure it out, thanks Lynne.
                      Currently working on:
                      Anizeen - What anime have you seen?
                      Osito Barrigón - Winnie Pooh y sus Amigos

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                        The users above have asked you to post it in the bug tracker and then post the link here so they can confirm it. If it isn't in the bug tracker, the chances of it getting fixed are close to nil.

In the meanwhile, this should work in additional.css:
                        Code:
                        /* Change toplinks for non-logged in user */
                        .toplinks .logindetails, .toplinks ul.nouser li a {
                        .toplinks ul.nouser li a:hover  {
                        Could you be a little bit clearer on how to change this and add the code. WHere do I fine additional.css?
                        thanks

Comment

additional.css is one of the css templates listed when you select Edit Templates from the dropdown list of styles.

Comment

how do I make it clear and not a color?

Comment

Probably just put the color as "transparent" instead of "black"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X