Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas247
    replied
    Hi again Edwin and anyone else. I think I found out what caused this, it seems it has to do with I mentioned above.

It appears that the permissions are 'progressive' in the CMS? I had a registred user allowed to use HTML but not to create content, and it looks like the software automatically then grants the preceeding permissions as well eventhough they are not ticked?

After changing registred users not being allowed to use HTML the permissions now seem to work as they should. Guess that was an Admin blunder on my part, but still...

Hope this makes sense? Edwin you're welcome to still take a look, but I believe the above is what caused it. Now on to finding out how the software reacts if I allow users to create content but not to publish it. Will it queue the articles for approval is what I wonder...

Leave a comment:

• thomas247
    replied
    Thanks a lot Edwin. Much appreciated. Have PM'ed you. Could it have been because I had 'can use HTML' ticked which sits after 'can create content'? Anyway, feel free to take a look. I'd be happy to hear from you on this.

If indeed I can have users create content, but NOT publish it - then what happens? Does it queue somewhere for ADMIN approval?

Thanks again,
    Thomas

Leave a comment:

• Edwin Brown
    replied
    Permissions have been reasonably thoroughly tested. There was one moderate bug which is fixed in the next release, but I've personally checked at least a dozen websites with permissions questions and they've all been setup issues. If you PM me with a login that can admin CMS and CMS Permissions I'll take a look at it. I've gone through the thread above and those sites are now O.K.

Oh- first, clear your CMS cache.

Leave a comment:

• thomas247
    replied
    Thanks Trevor, I have had a look at this, but have found that if I set REGISTERED USERS to NOT be able to create content, then my test registered user is still able to create content.

As for the CAN or CANNOT publish I'm not sure how this works, because there seems to problems with the CMS Permissions (see this thread e.g.: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ons-don-t-work) and I'm wondering how it should work if I set it so that REGISTERED USERS can create content but not publish it. Does it go in a queue somewhere for ADMINSTRATOR approval?

It just doesn't seem to work properly or else I'm missing something in regards to permissions in general hence the question about whether the CMS permissions override general user permissions?

Thanks for your response.

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    If you go into AdminCP > vBulletin CMS > Permissions, you can set usergroups the ability to create content and publish it (or not!) separately.

Leave a comment:

• Users to publish articles on The Front Page - Permissions

I'm wondering how I can set my CMS up, so that registered users are allowed to create content/article, but where I (administrator) can approve the content before it being published?

One forum member suggested to do it by promoting articles from the forum, but is there another way, and if not, how could it be done in the forum? Is it only administrators who can promote forum posts to articles.

Are the CMS permissions overriding user group permissions?

Any thoughts/ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Thomas
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X