No announcement yet.

My site is working almost perfectly.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] My site is working almost perfectly.

Just the WOLPATH issue is the only thing wrong that I can find.

Go vBulletin, Boo terrible admins.
    Jason Craig – Partner
    Wet Coast Sports LTD
    Fishing Reviews TVBC Fishing ReportsFly Fish BCFly Tying Bug

Good for you, we cannot all be the perfect admins I guess! I'm not a big techie, but I do seem to find some small issues here and there still, and I wonder if you might not come across one or two too? Careful not to be too fast on the tricker my friend :-)

Comment

Well I've been running it since BETA 1, and dealt with a lot of issues over those releases. It's working absolutely wonderfully now.

This is to show it's not all bad, and it can run wonderfully.
      Jason Craig – Partner
      Wet Coast Sports LTD

Comment

be careful that page 2 cannot be accessed by Firefox or Chrome browsers

Comment

Oh I agree, the fundamentals of the product is absolutely great (and we have to be positive) and obviously there are always things to iron out along the way and I do mean it when I say 'good for you' because ultimately that's where you want to get, where it's just working smoothly. Sounds like you have worked hard to get to that stage too, so well deserved so to speak.

I'm only just starting with vBulletin, so have a lot to learn on the admin side, but we can't learn it all in a day.

Cheers,
          Thomas

Comment

I'm glad you have your site up and running smoothly, oddmud, but with so many bugs in the bug tracker, you can't assume it is just sites with bad admins that are having problems.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by voomies View Post
              be careful that page 2 cannot be accessed by Firefox or Chrome browsers
              What are you talking about?
              Jason Craig – Partner
              Wet Coast Sports LTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                I'm glad you have your site up and running smoothly, oddmud, but with so many bugs in the bug tracker, you can't assume it is just sites with bad admins that are having problems.
                I'm not assuming it's all bad admins, there was/is issues. But there are also 80% of the issues I see posted here and in the bug tracker have been covered or are easy quick fixes. And with the amount of complaints I've seen, I wanted to post some good news.

Hell I've posted a ton of things in the bug tracker myself. All handled properly.
                Jason Craig – Partner
                Wet Coast Sports LTD

Comment

Mine is running perfectly too and has been since 27/12. My only ***** is the inability to deny users the ability to switch between styles. My wish would be for the CSS to be more independent between the CMS, Forums, Blog and Profiles pages.
                  ttttt

Comment

that's an interesting POV oddmud... So because you've spent a month working on the beta, and PAID for this software, but worked through most of the bugs you're calling the rest of us lazy? I work for a living and run my forum in my spare time. I don't have a month to spend farting around with my software for my forum... So to spend $250 for a license and get something with as many legitimate bugs as this has been a disapointment. The treatment I've gotten here on the forums is pretty crappy as well. I try to avoid posting bug reports until I KNOW it's a bug, but it seems that's the only way to get help.

I will say I like 4.0 and I'm looking forward to 4.0.1. I know this software will be better in the long run, I just feel $250 was a lot for something this bug ridden right now. It should have been maybe half that until they had the bugs ironed out and 4.0.0 PL1 or "gold" should NOT have been pushed as a polished product. It should be beta 5 or 6 or whatever number they're on as I would have stayed away until it was a bit more polished... That's my huge complaint.

Comment

Originally posted by jacobsen1 View Post
                      that's an interesting POV oddmud... So because you've spent a month working on the beta, and PAID for this software, but worked through most of the bugs you're calling the rest of us lazy? I work for a living and run my forum in my spare time. I don't have a month to spend farting around with my software for my forum... So to spend $250 for a license and get something with as many legitimate bugs as this has been a disapointment. The treatment I've gotten here on the forums is pretty crappy as well. I try to avoid posting bug reports until I KNOW it's a bug, but it seems that's the only way to get help.

I will say I like 4.0 and I'm looking forward to 4.0.1. I know this software will be better in the long run, I just feel $250 was a lot for something this bug ridden right now. It should have been maybe half that until they had the bugs ironed out and 4.0.0 PL1 or "gold" should NOT have been pushed as a polished product. It should be beta 5 or 6 or whatever number they're on as I would have stayed away until it was a bit more polished... That's my huge complaint.
                      LOL, I dont think thats what he meant but... this could be fun!! Oh by the way, my site which was upgraded from 3.8.4 to 4.0.0 is working perfectly, except for the Mod rewrites which even the people from support cant even figure it out, so i am assuming it is a bug! Its all good,! OH, has anyone noticed any traffic increases since there upgrade??

Comment

Originally posted by oddmud View Post
                        Just the WOLPATH issue is the only thing wrong that I can find.

Go vBulletin, Boo terrible admins.
                        Yeah, terrible admins are the only ones with problems... Thanks for your wonderful observations oddmud, we're all very happy for you

Comment

The forum software is pretty good...although there are some stylevars that you can't edit. So those of us Admins unable to move time and space with our brains are, of course, poor admins.

Now, if you're talking about the CMS...well, surely you jest. And no, i won't stop calling you Shirley.
                          Former tech Magazine editor and Codies judge. So having annoyed Sony and Microsoft for fun (and profit -- and readers), don't think I don't enjoy running roughshod over boutique software developers and corporate empty suit marketing weasels.

Comment