Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Section Manager: Difference between "Published" and "Not Published"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Section Manager: Difference between "Published" and "Not Published"?

Since there doesn't seem to be a manual for VB4 anywhere - can someone tell me the difference between selecting "Published" and "Not Published" in the section manager? It doesn't seem to change anything that I can see.

While I'm here, is there a way to stop content in a child section from appearing in a parent section? It would be nice if I could pick and choose which sub-sections' articles appeared on the front page. I was hoping the "Published" option changed this, but apparently not.

Thank you!

Bump anyone?
    ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

click the pencil next to the header and set show sub section content to no, non published wont be visible to those without article making permissions, log out and it wont be there

Comment

Thank you very much!
        ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

Although when logged in as admin you can see the unpublished article.
          I can't tell if it's working as designed or a bug.
          ...steven
          www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
          bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
          "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

That's precisely the reason why I asked. As an administrator I didn't see any difference. Maybe it would be good to submit a suggestion to avoid confusion.
            ~ LANeros.com ~

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD View Post
              That's precisely the reason why I asked. As an administrator I didn't see any difference. Maybe it would be good to submit a suggestion to avoid confusion.
              I was going to wait for 4.0.2 to see if it was there before reporting it as a bug. I'll check the bug tracker to see if it's there.
              ...steven
              www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
              bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
              "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X