Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• molieman
    replied
    This code worked for me in the banner, widgets and side blocks.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...rum-Side-Block

Leave a comment:

• bstillman
    replied
    +1 for OpenX. It works like a charm.

Leave a comment:

• waynem
    replied
    Mine is right above "Styles and Templates" on the left. You don't need to modify any templates if you are ok with where the advertising manager can put your banners.

Leave a comment:

• HuntAmerica.com
    replied
    i want to use the webadverts script. Can someone tell me what templates need to be modified via my VB 4 control panel. I want a banner to show at the top and at the bottom of the forums

Waymen i have yet to find an advertising section in my control panel

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Originally posted by HuntAmerica.com View Post
    Lynne, I am not a tech person nor am i a programmer and I have posted at vb.org and have gotten very little help over there on this issue.... so please be patient.

I have found a script that should work with VB 4 ... http://awsd.com/scripts/webadverts/

My question is this... what do i need to modify in order to allow this to work with my forums once the webadverts script is set up on my server... do i have to modify the header template if not then what template or templates do I have to modify?

Thank you....
    I never help out on any threads regarding advertising because I don't use advertising on my site and I'm totally unfamiliar with anything vB has built in to help with it. There are other users there who are familiar with it and help out when they can.

Leave a comment:

• waynem
    replied
    I'm using OpenX which after a bit of a learning curve works great. The VB control panel has an advertising section that allows you to place the OpenX code in one of 4 places and from there its done and behind you. The complexity is worth mastering because it provides a great deal of flexibility.

I'm using the flash option from OpenX which allows banners to refresh in x seconds - not just when a new page is clicked on - very nice.

OpenX would be installed in your server independant of VB - it has its own admin URL, etc. The only connection to VB is when you place the code in the advertising manager. It could even run on another server.

Leave a comment:

• HuntAmerica.com
    replied
    Lynne, I am not a tech person nor am i a programmer and I have posted at vb.org and have gotten very little help over there on this issue.... so please be patient.

I have found a script that should work with VB 4 ... http://awsd.com/scripts/webadverts/

My question is this... what do i need to modify in order to allow this to work with my forums once the webadverts script is set up on my server... do i have to modify the header template if not then what template or templates do I have to modify?

Thank you....

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    If there were, it wouldn't be here, it would be over at vb.org. vB4 was only released 2 weeks ago. You need to give the developers time to update their mods, or you can just update it for use yourself. I would imagine the only changes you would need to do is template updating and the syntax to render the template for a mod like this.

Leave a comment:

• HuntAmerica.com
    started a topic [Forum] Banner Rotation Program for version 4

Banner Rotation Program for version 4

Sorry to sound like a broken record and i posted this at the .org forums but no response...

Is there a banner rotation program that works with VB 4