• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by dougdirac View Post
    Came looking... am now disappointed.

Any way to make blogs the landing page instead of forums? Seems all the seasoned users just click "What's New" anyway. New folks who might be a bit overwhelmed by the forums can get a sense of things from the blogs. And then dive deeper into the forums.
    In 4.2 you can make any page the landing page using the new navigation bar manager.

Leave a comment:

• dougdirac
    replied
    Came looking... am now disappointed.

Any way to make blogs the landing page instead of forums? Seems all the seasoned users just click "What's New" anyway. New folks who might be a bit overwhelmed by the forums can get a sense of things from the blogs. And then dive deeper into the forums.

Leave a comment:

• tonmo
    replied
    Totally agree. Has vb even posted a point of view or shared their vision for how this should actually work?

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by Drakie View Post
    Come on... Why haven't this been fixed yet. It's not a feature request, it's a BUG!
    It isn't going to be fixed in vB4.

Leave a comment:

• Drakie
    replied
    Come on... Why haven't this been fixed yet. It's not a feature request, it's a BUG!

Leave a comment:

• tonmo
    replied
    Very creative solution. Thanks much...

Leave a comment:

• MrShides
    replied
    Hey guys,

I also found this annoying, and my users complained.

I've done a work around by creating a forum called "blog entries" and having the rss poster robot repost blog entires into that forum.

I only do a feed:description and have a link that says "click here to read the full story and to join the discussion!" for each entry.

I've also disabled posting for everyone in that forum, so no one can reply to the blog entries there.

Oh yeah, and my subject lines are: {feed:dc:creator}'s Blog - {feed:title}

Which gives the subject of "username's blog - my blog entries title" as the forum post.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    It will not happen until *at least* 4.1 since it involves a major architectural change.

TBH, I wouldn't hold out much hope for 4.1 either. I just don't think this is seen as a priority, much as I consider it essential.

Leave a comment:

• SuperGLS
    replied
    That's the spirit... well, not really.

I'd just like to hear from someone about it.

Leave a comment:

• JamieinNH
    replied
    Give them time... I'm sure they will figure it out by vB 5.0 that a suite needs to work together seamlessly...

This feature was requested WAY back when the 1st beta was released and here we are many months later and vB still don't understand that ALL their products needs to work together for be considered a suite.

No fear though.. I am sure they will 'get it together' by the time they release vB 5.0 and ask for more money...

Jamie

Leave a comment:

• Spillage
    replied
    I'm also very interested in this... I have members asking for it all the time.

I would have expected it to be a 4.0 feature, since Blogs are now integrated, and not an add-on package.

Leave a comment:

• SuperGLS
    replied
    I've been out of the loop for a while. Has there been any update on this?

Leave a comment:

• Loco.M
    replied
    I would love this as well, but for 3.8 (since I have the blogs installed currently)
    I don't see why this isn't a default feature, we should include new forum post, new blog post and new group post (maybe)

Leave a comment:

• milaszewski
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperGLS View Post
    Couldn't there be a section in the AdminCP > Settings menu for this stuff? "What to include in 'What's New?' menu." Then there could be posts, threads, blogs, blog comments, gallery photos, gallery comments, polls, etc etc.
    that's exactly how it should be done!

Leave a comment:

• SuperGLS
    replied
    Couldn't there be a section in the AdminCP > Settings menu for this stuff? "What to include in 'What's New?' menu." Then there could be posts, threads, blogs, blog comments, gallery photos, gallery comments, polls, etc etc.

Anyone from vB want to address this thread?

Leave a comment: