Attach poll to CMS article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Attach poll to CMS article?

Is there a way to attach a poll to an article in the CMS?

Any guidance on how I can go about doing this would be most appreciated.

Thank you!

I would also like to know this. I've tried to add a poll to the article thread that is automatcly posted in the vBCMS-forum, but how to get it to show in the CMS article?

Comment

At the moment, I don't believe the functionality exists. You could always make a suggestion for this.
      Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
      -
      *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
      - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
      - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

maipoman - I never found a way to do this. As a workaround, though, I added the poll widget to the front page of the site. Since there is no VB4 manual that I can find I had to figure this out for myself, it's in the admin control panel under vBulletin CMS, Widgets. You click Configure next to the poll widget and you can select a forum from which to pull polls, and how many to display. Then I had to go to the Layout manager, also under vBulletin CMS, and edit the Home layout. This allowed me to put my newly configured Poll widget on the front page.

So, it's not quite attaching polls to the CMS articles, but at least I can make the last few polls posted to a specific forum appear on the front page now. I created a new forum for this purpose that only I have access to post new items to, to ensure users couldn't publish new polls to the front page...

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
          At the moment, I don't believe the functionality exists. You could always make a suggestion for this.
          Trevor, the search here is broken or I would link you to a rather articulate suggestion I previously made about how the polls should be its own system that "hooks" into forum threads, blog entries, cms entries, etc.
          Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

Search still doesn't work right but I was able to find a post in which this was discussed:

Originally posted by Freddie Bingham
            I'm not touching polls until they get rewritten for vBulletin 4.0. At that time we can keep in mind to make them independent so other products may reuse them.
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X