My Friends Activity - Question about the template/php

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] My Friends Activity - Question about the template/php

Where is this widget pulling the information from? Where is the php to edit this widget? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks for any help pointing me to this.

Bumping this in case it got lost in the throws of posts...

Anyone know/see where this widget is pulling it's data from? I would like to edit the template/php to have it displayed a different way.

Thanks,

Comment

Bumping this thread looking for some help...

Comment

You can't directly edit the php for this. It uses the search code, the same as if you did a search from search.php. If you configure the widget (admincp > CMS > Widgets > Configure) you'll see the name of the template that is being used for the detail information. The name depends on what type of content is being displayed.
        Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Well that's a bummer... I was hoping this could be morphed into some sort of activity stream. This is something this "suite" is missing the boat on in the social world. All the big players has it, it's easy for the users to share information and updates and I was hoping this might lead the way to figuring out how to get this into vBulletin.

Since we can't edit this, and I explained my reasons for wanting to edit it, can you tell me if you think adding an activity stream like Facebook or MySpace is something you guys are considering in the near future? Is it even possible with this new suite?

Thanks for the response,

Comment

I can't tell you anything specific about an activity stream widget. We've discussed something like this, but I don't know where it fits in the schedule. That's a question for Don. If youare comfortable in php, then you can use the direct php widget to display whatever you want as a widget. If you just want to format the existing widget you can do that with templates per above.
            Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Brown View Post
              I can't tell you anything specific about an activity stream widget. We've discussed something like this, but I don't know where it fits in the schedule. That's a question for Don. If youare comfortable in php, then you can use the direct php widget to display whatever you want as a widget. If you just want to format the existing widget you can do that with templates per above.
              I will have to ask Don then.. I did know I could hire a developer to get this done for myself, but then it wouldn't be something you guys would support, and I would be faced with the option of sticking with old versions or upgrading breaking everything long term... Seem to be a pattern here which is why a lot of the Big Boards are running 3.5 or 3.6 or similar versions..

What I was hoping to hear and may hear from Don is that you guys understand that social aspects of the "Suite" and are working on all kinds of much needed features to a community site which would be core and would be supported and wouldn't prevent me from upgrading long term...

Again, thanks for the response I will message Don and see what he had in the works for us.. <- fingers crossed ->

Comment

I too want an "Activity/Feeds" updates (perhaps the default tab on the profile page) that includes "Status" updates.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X