Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thomas247
    replied
    Hi Killaxmahn, how would you set this up via the forums in way of permissions. Can only administrators see the 'Promote to article' button? Do you know?

Any other thoughts on the subject much appreciated.

Thomas

Leave a comment:

• thomas247
    replied
    Hi Killaxmahn, thanks a lot for your reply.

I guess this could work if the 'promote to CMS' can be permission based. However it still seems like a work-around to me. One should think articles could be queued for publication and approval?

Anyone else has any thoughts on this?

Thanks again!

Leave a comment:

• KiLLAxMAHN
    replied
    You can create a forum for that, where your members can post their articles and you can later read and promote to CMS.

Leave a comment:

• Administrator to approve articles before being published

I'm quite new to vBulletin and bought it to get new v4. I spent most of yesterday preparing things and it looks good, but I have spent a lot of time to look through permissions.

What I would like in the CMS is that my registered users can create a new article (as a draft) and then it is queued for approval by an administrator and/or perhaps a super moderator.

Is this functionality not available?

I just can't seem to get it to work. I have registered myself as a normal user and I can create and publish articles eventhough under CMS permissions I have NOT ticked the box for registered users that says 'Can Publish'.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks a lot in advance for any input.

Thomas