Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Out of Curiosity - How are you using Categories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    lovefords

• lovefords
    replied
    DHewes,
    I find the categories to be very helpful for my members to find relevant content. I have an auto-enthusiast site and many of the articles contain more than one important subject; I take those subjects and define them as "categories". For instance if an article contains information about Mustangs, Thunderbirds, and Lincolns, then the article is categorized under those 3 words. Then if a visitor wants to see an article that contains information about a Mustang, they have the ability to click on that article. A different visitor may not care about Mustangs but only want to see an article if it talks about Lincolns.... you can see the flexibility. test-drive at http://forum.love-fords.org

BTW I have had no problems keeping the categories working properly.
    John

Leave a comment:

• Jesh
    replied
    Well, I do this:

Section -> United States Coins -> Nickels

Then the categories are: Shield, Liberty, Jefferson, Indian.

I'd like to use it more, but it seems messed up, everything keeps going into sub-categories.....

Leave a comment:

• DHewes
    started a topic [CMS] Out of Curiosity - How are you using Categories?

Out of Curiosity - How are you using Categories?

Since my site navigation is fairly small I have turned off the use of Categories as I do not see any real value to them at this time. Perhaps I do not have a good enough grasp on how they help users navigate? They seem redundant to me especially if you have several sections that include sub-sections.

I would be very itnerested in seeing how others use Sections versus Categories. If you use both and feel that they are beneficial, please let me know the URL so I can get some ideas.

Thanks!
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X