No announcement yet.

Phantom tables? (412 tables in DB)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Phantom tables? (412 tables in DB)

Today sometime after I launched my website, (I am pretty sure there were not there when I launched), a bunch of new tables showed up in my DB, a lot of them are forum tables without my defined prefix...Any ideas on what this is? Is it normal?

My config file cleary defines a prefix...nothing else on the server uses that DB.

// ****** TABLE PREFIX ******
    // Prefix that your vBulletin tables have in the database.
    $config['Database']['tableprefix'] = 'xxxxxx_';
    Heres a screenshot:

Again the site is running fine, (still working on the style) but here it is:

http://txmotocross.com/forums/forum.php
    Attached Files

I need to know if this is normal, forum is getting traffic and I would hate to have to do a reinstall or something....no ideas at all?

Comment

I have about 240 tables and they all begin with my prefix.

Comment

Is it possible you did 2 installs by accident or unintentionally, one with the prefix and one without?

Comment

I doubt it, is there any way to check which tables are not being used by my current install?

Heres what I did, created the DB, installed 3.8.2 with prefix, imported a phpbb 2 db (impex was set to prefix), upgraded to 4, with prefix in the config...

IDK, again, anyway to check?

Comment

Maybe you should open a support ticket, I would only be guessing, and you need database help to remove the extra tables. All I can say is make sure you have a backup first!

Comment

Thanks, I used Impex to figure out what tables I needed and didnt, I will have to see of those tables come back!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X