Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any to resize the user name in posts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Is there any to resize the user name in posts?

I have been through the stylvar's but can't figure out if there is a way to make the user's name fonts (in link form) in posts larger in there. Does anyone know if there's a way?

do you mean the user name in the postbit?

Comment

I'm not sure what that means, but looking at this thread right now your and my name that you can see, the clickable name that takes you to the profile.

Comment

That's part is contained in the postbit template.

I'm happy if somebody that know more can prove me wrong, but I don't think there's a stylevar for that (yet)

It's set to 12px in the postbit.css

You'd have to edit the template itself or the CSS the template uses to change it.

Comment

In this thread, it is set by the class .postbitlegacy .userinfo a.username Try a search in templates and you'll see what stylevar it is set by.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Thank you, is it this one?

.postbitlegacy .userinfo a.username, .eventbit .userinfo a.username {
            clear:right;
            font-size:13px;
            font-weight:bold;
            width: auto;
            max-width:{vb:math {vb:stylevar postbitlegacy_userinfo_width} - {vb:math {vb:stylevar padding}*2} - 20px};
            word-wrap:break-word;
            }

It's the only one with the 3 things you posted and changing the 13 didn't change anything.

Comment

I just changed the 13 to 16 and it worked.

Comment

You may have to do a force refresh for the new css file to get downloaded. I just tried it on my site and it definitely is that one.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Check which postbit your forum is using, you might not be using postbit_legacy.

AdminCP>Style & Language Settings > Use Legacy (Vertical) Postbit , If that is set to 'no' then you're modifying the wrong one.

Comment

Yessssssssssssssss, it was set to no. This old guy with bad eyes, and the other old guys there that were asking about it, thank both of you very much.

Comment

Good work!

Comment

Well, I'm back. If I change it to yes then it changes the layout, if I leave it on no what template do I edit? It says postbit_legacy but there are no size settings there.

Comment

If use legacy postbit is set to 'no' , then it will use postbit (not postbit_legacy), looking with firebug it looks like it inherits the font size from memberinfo.css

Personally, I'd find it in the postbit template and hard code a font size for it, but there is probably a more elegant solution.

Comment

I am lost here, when I set it to "no" and edit postbit.css it does nothing. When I set it to "yes" it messes up the layout but it changes the size of the fonts. Just the opposite of what it's supposed to.

Comment

Has anyone else ran into this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X