New VB user has several issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] New VB user has several issues

I am a new VB user going directly to V4.0 from another forum software and have a couple questions I can't find the answer to in the Doc or forums.

It's not to late for me to go to V3.8 so if what I need is there but not in 4.0 let me know.

1) How do I specify what usergroup a newly registered user goes into? I've created a new initial group with less permissions to limit spammers.

2) Can I turn off the ability to send PMs for a user group? ( or until they reach a certain number of posts ) I see the options to modify # of PMs and recepiets but not to turn it off completely. I am a member of a VB forum that does this.

Thanks Andy

1. All new users end up in the Registered Users group. They might go temporarily into the Users Awaiting Email or Users Awaiting Moderation group, but they will eventually end up in the Registered Users group. Take away permissions in that group and then create a new Usergroup like Approved Users and use the promotion system to move users from the Registered users group to the new one.

2. Set Maximum Stored Messages (in Usergroup Manager) to 0:
    \:If you set this to 0 users from this usergroup will not be able to use private messaging.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X