Photo captions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Photo captions?

I see there are stylevars for vbcms_article_image_caption_font and vbcms_article_image_caption_color but I haven't figured out how to attach captions to the photos in the articles. There was nothing I could find in the CMS_Articles guide. Anyone know?

I can't help either however I would like to know the same thing...

Comment

Hover over the images when editing the article.

Click the pencil icon, add your captions there.

Comment

Originally posted by S1OPP View Post
        Hover over the images when editing the article.

Click the pencil icon, add your captions there.
        I've done that but there are no captions appearing - either in the article page, preview page or in the lightbox when you click to enlarge the image. Is there an option somewhere to turn that on?

Comment

Bump. Is there a way to display image captions?

Comment

I assumed there was no way and no plans. Then I saw the first post here where stylevars exist for captions. Hadn't noticed that. I would really like to see captions.

Please do tell if you know. Is there a way, or is this coming in a future release?

Comment

Those are such basic functions which are implemented in all other CMSes around, even those free (drupal/wordpress/joomla). We would like to see it in Vbulletin as well.

Comment

Bump. Can anyone at vB confirm that captions are in the works??

Comment

I have tried to use this as well with no luck.

Interesting that someone thought to capture captions but then forgot to implement them on output.

Comment

From my experience the caption field is only when you mouse over the image without clicking on it. There is no way to make caption show up in the lite box from what I've seen.
                    Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment