Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Can add new CMS section, but only as a subsection

Hello,

I now have one CMS section. I want to add a second section, but I'm only able to add it as a subsection of the one section that already exists. How does one add a new cms section that is not a subsection?

Thanks

whopwood

go here
    http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/conte...Files-28PDF-29

and read the PDF on sections... will help explain alot (including what your asking for)

Comment

Wild069,

Thanks for taking the time to help. I had already read the PDF on sections, and I just read it again. It doesn't help. When I click to add a section, my only choice is to add the new section as a subsection. By the way, in the examples in the PDF file there is only one section ("The Front Page"), and everything else is a subsection of this section.

I'm unable to add new sections, only subsections to "The Front Page."

Cordially, whopwood

Comment

i think everythign is a subsection of the "the front page" section...
        its kinda dumb if thats really it, but thats how i set mine up

Comment

Wildo69,

I think you see the the problem. It forces you to add everything to The Front Page.

But I know this isn't how it's supposed to work. When I first installed V4, I did selected the option "Yes" to include test data. So when it installed it created several sections besides The Front Page. The other sections were something like "Food" and "Travel." I deleted these sections but then couldn't find any way to add them back.

To see what I mean, click on Home on this page, above. You'll see several sections: "What's new," "How to: Install/Upgrade," "How to: Styling/Theming," and so on.

whopwood

Comment

i'm having this problem also, can somebody please provide some instructions on how to add sections that are not children of the frontpage

Comment

interested also... anyone?

Comment

I too would like to know.
                "You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me."

Comment

I found out that you can't do this, at least without a hack.

But you can make your sections appear on the dark blue nav bar by editing the sections and setting Navbar values in the lower-left part of the page. This seems to give the same appearance that you would get by adding more top-level sections.

Comment

Anyone figure this out? Or could lead me to a guide on how to hack this...

Comment

Originally posted by whopwood View Post
                      I found out that you can't do this, at least without a hack.

But you can make your sections appear on the dark blue nav bar by editing the sections and setting Navbar values in the lower-left part of the page. This seems to give the same appearance that you would get by adding more top-level sections.
                      Do you know what hack could do this?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X