Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are "Text Editor Control Styles" functional???

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Are "Text Editor Control Styles" functional???

    I've been trying to make my control buttons (Bold, Ital, Underline, etc.) visible against a relatively dark background but their "normal state" seem to be transparent. If I could change the color of the buttons or even the font color, I'd be a happy camper.

    Problem is no changes I make in the Toolbar Menu Options>Text Editor Control Styles section have any effect on the editor after. As a result, I'm forced to use a light color in the <blockrow_background> var (since the button color seems to be transparent) but would really rather not. I also noticed some of the old 3.8 editor parameter are still there but marked as "for reference purpose only".

    Searched here and VB.org and no gold. Question is: Are the <Text Editor Control Styles> supposed to work or are they now for reference purposes only? It would be GREAT if they did work! Or am I missing something totally obvious?

    Gratz,
    CC
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/

  • #2
    Originally posted by CrazyCarloco View Post
    Question is: Are the <Text Editor Control Styles> supposed to work or are they now for reference purposes only? It would be GREAT if they did work! Or am I missing something totally obvious?
    CC
    Same question for me. I have a black background and can not edit the control button backgrounds at all. Perhaps I'm overlooking a template or stylevar somewhere but can someone confirm that the Text Editor Control Styles are supposed to be working?

    Thanks,

    Mike

    Comment


    • #3
      I'm also having this same issue. Changing these styles have no effect.
      Rockstar Network - We keep an eye on Rockstar Games so you don't have to!

      Comment


      • #4
        Considering it's been over half a year since the original post, you can see how much they care.

        If I'm missing something obvious, then a quick pointer would be nice.

        C
        http://www.mychinamoto.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CrazyCarloco View Post
          Considering it's been over half a year since the original post, you can see how much they care.

          If I'm missing something obvious, then a quick pointer would be nice.

          C
          Yeah I was thinking the same thing! I'm guessing it probably has to be done in the CSS file itself but I'm not too comfortable with that.
          Rockstar Network - We keep an eye on Rockstar Games so you don't have to!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by RockstarNetwork View Post
            Yeah I was thinking the same thing! I'm guessing it probably has to be done in the CSS file itself but I'm not too comfortable with that.
            Can you guys take a screen shot of the issue?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Zachery View Post
              Can you guys take a screen shot of the issue?
              Images attached. You can see where I edited the style options to make the buttons red when hovered over for example. In the wysiwyg screenshot you can see the hovered button is still blue. Also, should this change the radio buttons at the bottom where the post icons are?
              Attached Files
              Rockstar Network - We keep an eye on Rockstar Games so you don't have to!

              Comment


              • #8
                That entire page you're on is outdated, which is why there is a notice at the top of the Main CSS page, its legacy.


                AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Stylevars

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Zachery View Post
                  That entire page you're on is outdated, which is why there is a notice at the top of the Main CSS page, its legacy.


                  AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Stylevars
                  Fair enough, but the descriptions on that page lead you to believe that only part of that page is non-functional.

                  I've been using the stylevars and I also have the stylevars PDF documents and cannot find the appropriate stylevars to change the button colours.
                  Rockstar Network - We keep an eye on Rockstar Games so you don't have to!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Same problem here. Where in the stylevars can I change the button colors?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I would also like to know the answer to this question, cannot seem to find the answer anywhere.

                      Thank you.

                      Comment

                      widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X