No announcement yet.

Login & Sessions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do not have a cms page, mine opens directly into /forum. But, as I said, once logged in, I can stay logged in. Sounds like a scripting error in the cms then???

a member has just sent me a message stating he is in on mac with safari and experienced no problems
    Information not shared, is lost

Comment

I've been getting email about this as well. I just tried to login to my forum from another computer that I do not normally use, and I can't even get logged in. It bounces me back from the "Thank you for logging in" re-direct, and I'm already logged out. Cleared the cache/cookies/closed the browser, still no good...Tried on the CMS and the forum.
      Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment

I used Google Chrome and was finally able to login. As soon as I left the site though and came back, can't log back in again. This time with neither IE or Chrome. It just doesn't keep me logged in. Now I'm curious how many others are having this problem on my forum.
        Vote for these items in the tracker: Image Watermarking ----- Search Algorithm Sucks ----- Drop Main CSS section from style manager ------ Simplify process to accept pending group join requests ------ Add option to publish to the wall of a "Fan Page" in addition to the user's personal FB wall. ------ CMS Should physically resize images into thumbnails and not scale via CSS

Comment

For some reason my forums will respond to my domainname.net but not my domainname.com since my update....

Comment

Same here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...ht=remember+me

0 support

Comment

I am now on 4.0.1 and the log in problem remains. Members asre ringing me and saying that when they attempt a log in there is only one box showing 'username' and no other ..........................

Comment

Oh great. So I won't waste my time upgrading to 4.0.1 then.

Comment

I am sure something, somewhere, must have been fixed, but buggered if I can see what. The main bugs do not appear to have been addressed.

According to Vb, this has been done in 4.0.1:

• [Tab Ordering] Added Tab Index Ordering
                  • [Search] Added Search Results by Relevancy
                  • [IE6] Fixed: background images disappear in IE6
                  • [IE6] Fixed: Additional IE6 bug fixes.
                  • [IE6] Fixed IE6 issues in CMS home.
                  • [IE6] Post dates missing in IE6
                  • [IE6] Forum leaders page
                  • [IE6] Fixed CP CMS Section edit popup displays under other page elements in IE6.
                  • [IE8] Fixed post reputation in IE8
                  • [StyleVar] Fixed StyleVars
                  • [StyleVar] Added Stylevars for UserCP/Settings
                  • [Video] Fixed IE8 Bugs
                  • [Sidebar Blocks] Fixed Sidebar handling of long title names
                  • [Blogs] Lightbox doesn't work in Blogs including inline images
                  • [CMS] Fixed CMS Static HTML Widget
                  • [CMS] Fixed CMS PHP Direct Widget
                  • [CMS] Fixed CMS Category Bug
                  • [CMS] Widget Manager - When creating a new widget, widget type pull down should display in alphabetical order
                  • [CMS] Section Reset Ordering Bug
                  • [CMS] Please put CMS in /index.php and FORUMS in /forums/index.php
                  • [CMS] CMS Query Bug - Phase 1
                  • [Groups] Removed hardcoded phrases in Groups
                  • [Announcements] Fixed Announcement display problem
                  • [Smilies] Fixed Smilie Path - Forced to use relative path
                  • [CSS] user defined Additional CSS to pages
                  • [CSS] Store CSS as files does not work
                  • [Sitemap] Sitemap not being Recognized by Google (only Forums)
                  • [RTL] Problem in What's New Page when change Language R2L
                  • [RTL] editor icons problem
                  • [RTL] The new forum home sidebar does not move to the left when viewing the site in a RTL language.
                  • [RTL] Groups issues
                  • [RTL] Fixed RTL and IE7
                  • [Style Manager] Unchecking style in Style Manager causes style issues
                  ...and about 200 more bugs !!!

Comment

I bet it will come back in 4.0.2.. it's not what they think it is.
                    The problem exists..

Comment

You may be right but each upgrade costs me .....................

Comment

My site shows the problem if you go to http://website.com but is fine if you go to http://www.website.com

my first visible article is an instruction to users on this issue

Comment

We have the same issue with hundreds of users. Cant log in or have to log in for each post. Clearing the cache is not an answer.
                          Last edited by Gunboards.com; Mon 25th Jan '10, 7:07pm.

Comment

have you opened a ticket?
                            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

I was told that, if you click on the single box, with 'username' in it, it clears and another box (password) appears alongside. Once a person is successfully logged in this problem does not re-occur. When my forum was first upgraded, I had the problem, and I inadvertently clicked in the 'username' box, it cleared and two boxes appeared, no problem since. Therefore the problem could be at the users end but it does not detract from the pathetic logging in problem in the first place. Some, not many, of my members have walked off so to speak, having given up. The problem here is also that not everyone is literate on pc's and do not understand the workings of software. It takes them long enough to find the damn site!!

I get emails almost every day from people coming in and cannot log in .......................................

Comment

Our issue is that the username and pasword box are present but they dont accpet the given info. Manual resets have not solved the issue as well.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X