Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] New style does not apply to CMS/index-page

Hi,

I´ve got the VB 4 Suite installed and was going to play around a bit with colors, etc.

I created a new style and made some changes in StyleVars. I set up a background-image and changed the width on doc_width (and max/min) to a fixed size and centered through doc_margin. All is working great under the forum, where i can change between the 2 styles and see the differences. Also working on blogs, what´s new and all articles in the CMS.

But on the main site/front page, or the CMS/index.php so to speak the changes however do not take effect. It uses the "Default Style" values no mather which style i choose.

Any ideas?

And sometimes the changes made seems to be little sluggish updating, are there anything more i can do besides "Clear CMS Cache" in CP to speed things up?

I had this exact same question.. I just about lost my mind figuring out what it was until some help from a user on this forum.

Click on the little pencil by your CMS Front Page title then in the "Style" drop down box, select your style. You should be good.

Hope that's helps!

CC
    http://www.mychinamoto.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CrazyCarloco View Post
      I had this exact same question.. I just about lost my mind figuring out what it was until some help from a user on this forum.

Click on the little pencil by your CMS Front Page title then in the "Style" drop down box, select your style. You should be good.

Hope that's helps!

CC
      Well, you just solved my problem. Was going mad here for a while. THANK YOU!

But isn´t it really far fetched to put the option there and not in the CP?? (not directed to you CrazyCarloco, but for the developers)

Comment

Originally posted by Merhaba View Post
        Well, you just solved my problem. Was going mad here for a while. THANK YOU!

But isn´t it really far fetched to put the option there and not in the CP?? (not directed to you CrazyCarloco, but for the developers)
        And because of that, someone wrote an article over on vb.org on how to put the option in the admincp also.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
          And because of that, someone wrote an article over on vb.org on how to put the option in the admincp also.
          Either i´m really bad at searching or it´s not easy to find. Tried searching on vbulletin.com, vbulletin.org and google and could not find this issue, hence this thread. Since it was posted here before (found it through CrazyCarloco:s "find all posts" after he informed me) it might be a combination of both, or just me

What´s the purpose with vb.org versus vb.com forums? Just so I know where to look and ask in the future. I´m a new user to vbulletin and must say that I am impressed with both the "software" and the community behind it even though it is not an open-source forum (regarding the community i mean, where they usually brag about open-source users being more willing to help each other).

Comment

This is the article I was thinking of - [HOW TO - vB4 CMS] AdminCP add 2 options for the Section Manager

As for the differences between vb.com and vb.org.... vb.com is for help with your default vbulletin software. If you decide to modify it at all, then vb.org is the place to post. vb.com is staffed by paid employees... vb.org is run by volunteers.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
            vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
            Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
            If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X