Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just discovered that Apache2 uses a different regular expression engine than Apache1.3 (what I have). The non-capturing group construct(?:expr), for exampe, is supported in Apache2, but not Apache1.3. I think that may be the source of my troubles. I'll upgrade to Apache2.2 in the next couple of days and see if that helps.
    "I'm going on a TOE Quest"
    Theory of Everything - www.toequest.com

Comment

arob42, please post back if that fixes your issue. It would be good information to know for others having the problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
      vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
      Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
      If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Good News! I just finished upgrading my server from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2 and my widgets are working! I'm so happy now after weeks of frustration. I hope this helps others having the same problem.
        "I'm going on a TOE Quest"
        Theory of Everything - www.toequest.com

Comment

Originally posted by arob42 View Post
          Good News! I just finished upgrading my server from Apache 1.3 to Apache 2.2 and my widgets are working! I'm so happy now after weeks of frustration. I hope this helps others having the same problem.
          That's great. Happy widgeting!

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by wIrEs View Post
            i had the same issue, but try this:

it fixed the problem for me.
            Thanks, worked here too !

Comment

I have to admit though, the black screen problem is due of slow computer hardware. I did a test on my computer and a 1 year old laptop i only use for work. The test shows that speed really matters, if the pc cannot load fast enough the widget configuration page, you see a black screen... with the laptop i never had issues with widget config page. This is only my point of view with the settings and hardware i have at home, it might be different for someone else.
              Not the case with me i'm afraid, i have a 5 month old dual core 2.6ghz laptop with win 7 64bit and also a newly built quad core 3.4ghz win 7 64bit desktop with 16gb of ram and on both im getting the black screen flash up and i'm not able to configure widgets..

Comment

Same here after upgrade. ( And I thought all went well....lol )
                Not the hardware in my case neither.
                I have a "q9400" with two water blocks oc'd from 2.66GHz to 3.5GHz with a "ATI Radeon HD 3870".

Any idea's guy's/gal's ?/

Thanks,

Comment

Are you runnign any of the seo urls? If so did you try the htaccess fix?

Comment

Thanks Zachery,

I do have vbSEO installed.
                    I tried all the posted fixes ( Thanks to BTW ) but they have no effect.
                    When I click "configure" screen goes black for just an instant.

Thanks,

Comment

it fixed the problem for me.
                      I have to admit though, the black screen problem is due of slow computer hardware. I did a test on my computer and a 1 year old laptop i only use for work. The test shows that speed really matters, if the pc cannot load fast enough the widget configuration page, you see a black screen... with the laptop i never had issues with widget config page. This is only my point of view with the settings and hardware i have at home, it might be different for someone else.
                      This might sound dumb but where do you put the rewriterule that you listed? I am still new to editing and don't want to put it in the wrong place or the wrong file!

Comment

I just found my issue and it was a Mod I had installed from vB.org. (vB Enterprise Translator )

Just have to disable it, do my changes and enable My Mod again.
                        Thanks,

Comment

it works fine for me, except after updateing to 4.0.1 i got some sort of "load" time atleast 3-4 seconds
                          where before it was almost instant..

but its working, just slow.
                          Vbulletin fan

Comment

Ok, I am having similar Issues, Edwin Brown is currently looking into this and has Admin access to my site at present.

I will point him to this thread also.

I have found if i try to configure the widgit with 3 -4 lines it saves anything more it does not save.

Derek

Comment

Thought i would look at the Apache version to see if that was the cause, but it seems i am already on 2.2 However it seems i could upgrade to Apache v3.2.0 Build 4986

Version Apache/2.2.11 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.11 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 PHP/5.2.6

I am not sure if that would have an adverse effect, so i have not done this as yet.

Comment

Just to clarify- some people have an issue where the widget configuration interface doesn't come up at all, or just blinks. That's an issue having to do with the url's. Some interesting of url friendliness, mod rewrite settings, and the underlying server. That's a site-specific configuration issue.

Derekclark03 has a different issue. The php code widget won't save a specific php code string. That's a code issue- there's some condition that we don't handle reliably. We're testing a possible fix on that, but it won't help if you have symptom #1.
                                Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X