This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Can't Configure widgets in Admin CP

Anyone else having this problem where clicking on Configure doesn't do anything?

It's a tad annoying when I'm trying to sort out Polls etc.
    Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Mine is doing the same thing

Every time I click configure, I get a page that turns dark in color yet does nothing.

Anyone have any idea on this one?

Thanks in advance,

SuperDave71

Comment

Same issue if I have ModRewrite enabled. Think of 4.0.0 Gold as a "Supported Public Beta"

Comment

I have been having this problem for a while now, I posted a thread about this before Christmas but no reply.

There is a thread out there that suggests removing www. from the address but that no longer works for me.

I intend to make good use of the widgets and had been doing in the earlier beta versions.

Comment

Seems to be a mod rewrite issue.

Any ideas on a fix? Aside from disabling mod rewrite?
          Problems with vB4? Try This Thread for answers!

Comment

I have mod rewrite on and the confiugre works fine.
            while(true){
            if(
            $someone->needsHelp() && $i->canHelp()) $post->help();
            if(
            $i->findBug()) $post->bug();
            }

Comment

Even with mod rewrite off and all hacks disabled I continue to have this problem. I've tried all the suggestions but nothing seems to work for me. Very frustrating. I'm going to have to disable the CMS until I find some clue to what the problem might be.
              "I'm going on a TOE Quest"
              Theory of Everything - www.toequest.com

Comment

Has anybody tried putting in a support ticket about this issue? Or doing a search in the bug tracker to see if it's listed there (with maybe a solution)?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

These issues seem related:

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=33984 Awaiting feedback
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=34523 Awaiting feedback
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=33154 Fixed (Pending)
                  http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=31651 Fixed (Pending)

But the solutions don't work in my case. The fix for 33154 was in the RC4 .htaccess file but is not present in the subsequent releases.

Comment

i had the same issue, but try this:

RewriteRule ^widget/config/([0-9]+) widget.php?r=config/$1&%{QUERY_STRING}
                    it fixed the problem for me.
                    I have to admit though, the black screen problem is due of slow computer hardware. I did a test on my computer and a 1 year old laptop i only use for work. The test shows that speed really matters, if the pc cannot load fast enough the widget configuration page, you see a black screen... with the laptop i never had issues with widget config page. This is only my point of view with the settings and hardware i have at home, it might be different for someone else.

Comment

I tried your suggestion but it did not work for me. I've tried so many variations that I'm starting to loose hope. Maybe the upcoming maintenance release will fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by wIrEs View Post
                        i had the same issue, but try this:

it fixed the problem for me.
                        I have to admit though, the black screen problem is due of slow computer hardware. I did a test on my computer and a 1 year old laptop i only use for work. The test shows that speed really matters, if the pc cannot load fast enough the widget configuration page, you see a black screen... with the laptop i never had issues with widget config page. This is only my point of view with the settings and hardware i have at home, it might be different for someone else.
                        This solved it perfectly, You Rock... Thanks. vB4 is getting better
                        Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                        created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

I had 'Advanced Friendly URLs' set. Changing this to 'Basic Friendly URLs' works fine.

Comment

Maybe some of you don't have java enabled on your browser...
                            Cheers!

RECORDING ORG
                            created for musicians, by musicians

Comment

Originally posted by audiokid View Post
                              This solved it perfectly, You Rock... Thanks. vB4 is getting better
                              This also worked for me. Thanks

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X