Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    Things won't be picked up and fixed unless they're in the Bug Tracker. Having had a look, I don't see it (or it may be obscurely named) so to get this addressed, please post there

Leave a comment:

• M@tt
    replied
    Originally posted by UK-Skeptic View Post
    A quick fix for this problem is when you open the image editor up enter into the field at the bottom called Style: float: right

The "float: right" CSS does what the editor is supposed to do!
    Not seeing any image editor over here? Running 4.0.0.. Is this something different in 4.0.1?

Edit: Google Chrome issue.

Bug Tracker: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=36218
    Last edited by [email protected]; Tue 16 Feb '10, 5:57am.

Leave a comment:

• Jesh
    replied
    Originally posted by UK-Skeptic View Post
    A quick fix for this problem is when you open the image editor up enter into the field at the bottom called Style: float: right

Thanks, this works... not sure why it's so hard for them to fix the radio button to do it!!

Leave a comment:

• UK-Skeptic
    replied
    Originally posted by saj716 View Post
    I'm also having a hard time using this image editor.
    I'm using Firefox. No matter what I choose Left, Center, Right. it ends up left.

Leave a comment:

• bigwolf
    replied
    Originally posted by tonmo View Post
    Man, when I do this, after configuring the image settings and then trying to save the article, I get a page that only says this:
    Tonmo, I'm having the same problem. The site seems to "break" temporarily after I save an article. Mine doesn't even output the whole string, usually it ends at !DOC and that's all I get. I also have to go back to the home page to see that everything is fine...

Leave a comment:

• Jesh
    replied
    I'm having issues with it too since going from RC2 to RC4 and then Gold still has the issue... the 2nd nickel (with the '5' on it) should be all the way to the right... it used to work great, in RC2!!!
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	3677416

Leave a comment:

• tonmo
    replied
    Man, when I do this, after configuring the image settings and then trying to save the article, I get a page that only says this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml
    When I go back to my homepage and view the article it's all fine, although it doesn't align to the right (it stays left).

I do allow use of HTML in my articles (since I copied and pasted from pre-existing static HTML article).

Leave a comment:

• saj716
    replied
    I'm also having a hard time using this image editor.
    I'm using Firefox. No matter what I choose Left, Center, Right. it ends up left.

This is the look I'm trying to achieve as I believe Bigwolf is to
    Image to the left, most of the text to the right of it.

Name:	vb.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	3677403

I tried putting the image to the 'right' and text to the left

Name:	editor_right.jpg
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	3677404

I click save and I end up with this

Name:	whats_shown.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	3677405

I tried adding a table and putting the pic in one cell and the text in another. This is what shows on the CMS page. It seems to show some of the tags

just a test to align right

Even in this post I aligned all images to the right. Not for sure if they will or not. In the preview, they stay in the same location
    There has to be a trick or something I'm missing

Leave a comment:

• bigwolf
    replied
    Thanks folks. This is working well.

I'm not sure the sizing is doing anything, though. I selected "thumbnail" and the image still appeared full size (97x125, not sure if "thumbnail" is supposed to make it smaller than that?). I have ImageMagick installed and turned on Settings / Image Settings.

Also, any idea how I can change the system to default to the WYSIWYG editor?

Thank you!!

Leave a comment:

• PharaohsVizier
    replied
    Ummmm I can see it with IE7, but when I'm logged on in google chrome, it seems to be cutoff...

Leave a comment:

• hamster0914
    replied
    Text Wrap Options

Click on the wysiwyg button:Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Size:	686 Bytes
ID:	3677397 When you insert a photo in this mode, you will see the image, and when you hover over it you will then see the pencil icon. Pushing that will bring up the text wrap functions you are looking for.

Leave a comment:

• HondaATC
    replied
    Click the "A" in the upper right hand corner of the editor. Took me and my team forever to figure that one out.

Leave a comment:

• PharaohsVizier
    replied
    Is there a preview or something, all I see is a box where I put code in. I don't see any images in the editor

Leave a comment:

• S1OPP
    replied
    Insert an image into your new article,either uploaded or from a url.

Then hover over the inserted image and a 'pencil' icon should appear, click it and you can set the way text flows around the image.

Hope this helps.

Leave a comment:

• bigwolf
    started a topic [CMS] Best way to use images in CMS articles?

Best way to use images in CMS articles?

On this page, there are images happily presented in the upper left hand corner of several articles. Text flows down and wraps underneath them and it looks good.

How do I replicate this on my own site?

Sure, I can manually upload an image to my server and use html to get the desired effect, but that's a bit cumbersome to do on every article. I've tried using image attachments, but I can't seem to figure out how to make the text line up properly with the img tag - and the system adds a block under the article showing the attached images, which I don't want. I just want a nice, pretty inline image like what is presented in the vBulletin example pages.

Any advice would be most appreciated.