Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can we not add custom CSS anymore?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Forum] Can we not add custom CSS anymore?

    Is this completely disabled, or am I missing something?

  • #2
    You may create your own .css template and add a link in your headinclude if you want. Or, I wrote a mod over on vb.org that adds it for you. Or, you can just add your own custom css to a css template that gets included in the page you want to add custom css to.

    Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

    W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

    Comment


    • #3
      I must say I'm really disappointed with that. I can't believe they have just removed that important feature. I don't know how to link to a css template in headinclude, and I don't want to install a mod just to add custom css. This is just another reason for me not to upgrade to 4.0.

      Thanks for the info though Lynne.

      Comment


      • #4
        I put this in the bug tracker and I believe it will be included in 4.0.1 thanks to Chris - Please consider adding user defined Additional CSS to pages

        Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
        vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
        Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
        If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

        W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
          I must say I'm really disappointed with that. I can't believe they have just removed that important feature. I don't know how to link to a css template in headinclude, and I don't want to install a mod just to add custom css. This is just another reason for me not to upgrade to 4.0.

          Thanks for the info though Lynne.
          My voice disappeared, and I say this ... look to my signature Who knows, maybe don kuramura's eye fall on my signature

          Its the largest bug in vb4

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by dutchbb View Post
            This is just another reason for me not to upgrade to 4.0.
            Mee to
            Me too

            Comment


            • #7
              Isn't the vbulletin.css pulled into every page? If so, it could be added there.
              sigpic
              Nation of Blue - Kentucky Wildcats Sports


              Some CMS Goodness: Add Avatar to Article

              Comment


              • #8
                Guys, it's being added. I posted a link to the bug report and you can read the response from the dev.

                And no, you don't want to necessarily add it to vbulletin.css because that is not always (ever?) the last css template included in the page. If you want to add custom css, it needs to be in the *last* css template called to ensure it will take precedence over the other css.

                Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

                W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                  Guys, it's being added. I posted a link to the bug report and you can read the response from the dev.

                  And no, you don't want to necessarily add it to vbulletin.css because that is not always (ever?) the last css template included in the page. If you want to add custom css, it needs to be in the *last* css template called to ensure it will take precedence over the other css.
                  Where is the post i don't see it
                  Is vb team will add Extra & Additional CSS in the next release ?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by assaf View Post
                    Where is the post i don't see it
                    Is vb team will add Extra & Additional CSS in the next release ?
                    Post number 4 in this thread:
                    Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                    I put this in the bug tracker and I believe it will be included in 4.0.1 thanks to Chris - Please consider adding user defined Additional CSS to pages

                    Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

                    W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Very good news, Lynne! Glad you bugged it and it's getting done.
                      ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Thank you Lynne
                        Will they add Extra CSS to each stylvar ?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by assaf View Post
                          Thank you Lynne
                          Will they add Extra CSS to each stylvar ?
                          Sorry assaf, but that doesn't really make sense. They will add an extra template for us to add extra css to our pages. You can read what they are planning to do in the report - chris has outlined his plans.

                          Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
                          vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
                          Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
                          If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

                          W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                            Guys, it's being added. I posted a link to the bug report and you can read the response from the dev.

                            And no, you don't want to necessarily add it to vbulletin.css because that is not always (ever?) the last css template included in the page. If you want to add custom css, it needs to be in the *last* css template called to ensure it will take precedence over the other css.
                            Unfortunately this still doesn't work in some cases. I'm trying to create a style, so I used the workaround method and called my own stylesheet in headinclude. However vBulletin still added auto-generated CSS after my call that took precedence over my custom CSS. Grrr!

                            HTML Code:
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="clientscript/yui/reset-fonts/reset-fonts.css" />
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=vbulletin.css,popupmenu.css,vbulletin-chrome.css,components.css,vbulletin-formcontrols.css" />
                            <!-- Custom stylesheet: -->
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="images/mystyle/mystyle.css" />
                            
                             <title>Block Forums</title>
                            <!-- vBulletin adds its own CSS AFTER my custom stylesheet call. Custom stylesheet is useless. :( -->
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits.css" />
                            <!--[if IE 6]><link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumbits-ie.css" /><![endif]-->
                            <link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="css.php?styleid=2&amp;langid=1&amp;d=1263087225&amp;td=ltr&amp;sheet=forumhome.css" />
                            	
                            </head>
                            Planning to continue using VB 3.8 post EOL? Then join the VB 3.8 Forever group and visit www.vb3forever.org!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              go to .org and get Lynne's mod for additional CSS it works good and I am using that mod to show my header - http://www.dvdnextcopysupportforum.com/forum.php

                              Comment

                              widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X