Modify The Header

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Modify The Header

Is it possible to modify the header so its white and the logo is centred? my own logo on 3.8.4 was called logo.png, i tried renaming it "vbulletin4_logo.gif" and overwriting but it loses its quality and still has the blue backgroun, i would really like to use it again, am really liking the new forum version so far so just need to iron this problem out so i can go live with the members.

Many Thanks In Advance!

Originally posted by globecodds View Post
    Is it possible to modify the header so its white and the logo is centred? my own logo on 3.8.4 was called logo.png, i tried renaming it "vbulletin4_logo.gif" and overwriting but it loses its quality and still has the blue backgroun, i would really like to use it again, am really liking the new forum version so far so just need to iron this problem out so i can go live with the members.

Many Thanks In Advance!

You can change the background colour etc in Admin CP / Styles / Stylevars / Header

Make you own logo and upload, see my example http://www.lsxshootout.com.au/forum/content.php

Comment

Originally posted by SLY LS1 View Post
      You can change the background colour etc in Admin CP / Styles / Stylevars / Header

Make you own logo and upload, see my example http://www.lsxshootout.com.au/forum/content.php

Thanks Mate, Took a bit of working out but that helped a great deal!

Comment

Would there be any way of making the logo stay centered? i used the % setting to centre it but if users scroll to zoom using "CTRL & Mouse Wheel" it moves to the right
        Last edited by globecodds; Tue 29 Dec '09, 3:26am.

Comment

What's the best way to change out the logo.gif besides simply renaming a graphic to what's currently there?
          We bring brides & business together...in case you were wondering!

Comment

globecodds - If you plan to use a white header background then I am curious to know how you set your toplinks color if you got that far. I wanted to use a yellow or white bg color but couldn't get the color scheme to work out since it is designed for a dark header bg with white toplinks. I know it can be done but I am staying within what can be achieved only in style vars for now. If this makes as little sense as I suspect then see this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by DCX000 View Post
              globecodds - If you plan to use a white header background then I am curious to know how you set your toplinks color if you got that far. I wanted to use a yellow or white bg color but couldn't get the color scheme to work out since it is designed for a dark header bg with white toplinks. I know it can be done but I am staying within what can be achieved only in style vars for now. If this makes as little sense as I suspect then see this thread.
              I changed the link colour in the var thing in the header section where i changed the background colour as below

Comment

But when you set the toplinks to blue, as you have done, it looks bad when you are logged out. (Blue register links on dark bg)

I don't have any question here, just curious to see how others pull off the white background. I would like to see the final resut when you are done if you can share.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by DCX000 View Post
                  But when you set the toplinks to blue, as you have done, it looks bad when you are logged out. (Blue register links on dark bg)

I don't have any question here, just curious to see how others pull off the white background. I would like to see the final resut when you are done if you can share.

Thanks
                  Not sure if this is what you are talking about but here is my test site: http://markweinguitarlessons.com/vbtest/forum.php

I found this thread while trying to figure out why the header color is correct everywhere except for the CMS...any ideas?
                  MWGLforums.com - Free Video Guitar Lessons and more!

Comment