Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahmed
    replied
    Well, I've found away to convert vB forum from windows-1256 to utf-8 and it seemed to work just fine.
    I submitted a support ticket to vB team to ask them about if there will not any trouble and they told me that there is no way they know to convert a vB forum encoding to utf-8 without having some problems, as vB has not been fully compatible with utf-8 encoding yet.
    When I asked them about the expected time frame that vB will become fully compatible with utf-8 encoding, they told me it will be in some stage in the future but they haven't planned when exactly will be compatible.
    I doubt it will be with the release 4.1, it may take till vB5.

Leave a comment:

• alnassrah
    replied
    Originally posted by Dody View Post
    I said 4.1, not 4.0.1

Originally posted by Almotmaiz.Net View Post
    i made a script via SSH .. this will help alot, you can find it on this link will steps
    http://www.almotmaiz.net/vb/blogs/2/...%80-vbullein4/
    I have stopped copying and told me this error ERROR 1114 (HY000) at line 9450: The table 'session' is full and complete 118 schedule.

Leave a comment:

• Bashar
    replied
    Great script bro

needs someone to convert it into php that has iconv support and some system() calls because not everyone knows shell or have ssh access

Leave a comment:

• extra pc
    replied
    my forum work with utf-8 without problem

www.extra-pc.com/vb

Leave a comment:

• Almotmaiz.Net
    replied
    i made a script via SSH .. this will help alot, you can find it on this link will steps
    http://www.almotmaiz.net/vb/blogs/2/...%80-vbullein4/

Leave a comment:

• Dody
    replied
    I said 4.1, not 4.0.1

Leave a comment:

• alnassrah
    replied
    Once vB 4 supports utf8. AFAK it is already in vB 4.1
    This week on Monday, will come down version 4.0.1, you tell me how to change the database encoding to UTF-8.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Any official statement for this flash news?

Leave a comment:

• Dody
    replied
    Originally posted by alnassrah View Post
    Hello,

What is the best time you recommend it to convert to utf-8 encoding.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• RadioErewan
    replied
    Hope vB5 will be UTF ready :-)

Leave a comment:

• alnassrah
    replied
    My best recommendation is to wait. vBulletin does not fully support utf-8 yet, which means some of the function might return the wrong string format. Beside there is no official way/tool to convert your database to utf-8, all that have been posted is unofficial guides that might work or not, depends on many configuration.
    Hello,

What is the best time you recommend it to convert to utf-8 encoding.

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• Bashar
    replied
    salaam alnassrah: you can convert your language file and your database using iconv , bare in mind when you convert into utf-8 it will be larger than windows-1256
    عند النقل للترميز يونيكود يكون حجم قاعدة البيانات اكبر من الويندوز1256 ولكن أكيد أفضل

more info at this thread http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...Language-UTF-8
    انا حولت كثير من المنتديات و بدون أي مشاكل و لله الحمد

the same idea what you do for xml file you do it for your sql file
    اذا تبي مساعدة راسلني على الخاص او راسل شركة كويت نت عن طريق قووقل

good luck
    بالتوفيق

Leave a comment:

• Dody
    replied
    Originally posted by alnassrah View Post
    My forum is not new , Size of the database more than 3 GB and I want to convert code to utf-8 to run the Arabic language.
    My best recommendation is to wait. vBulletin does not fully support utf-8 yet, which means some of the function might return the wrong string format. Beside there is no official way/tool to convert your database to utf-8, all that have been posted is unofficial guides that might work or not, depends on many configuration.

Leave a comment:

• alnassrah
    replied
    My forum is not new , Size of the database more than 3 GB and I want to convert code to utf-8 to run the Arabic language.

Leave a comment:

• Dody
    replied
    If it is not a new installation, I recommend you to wait until vBulletin 4.0 fully supports utf-8

Leave a comment: