No announcement yet.

CMS Permissions (Only admin can see)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] CMS Permissions (Only admin can see)

I have searched for this but could not find an answer.

When I browse my CMS I can see al articles, even when I log out.

When a user browses my forum the following message is displayed:

Username you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activat
    I have set al pemissions correcly in the CMS / Admin. Is there a global option to enable this feature?
    (Yes it is enabled in plugins)

Anyone have a clue?
    Please vote for:
    - Lightbox for all uploads
    - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

I have the same problem, admins and non-inlogged visitors can view the CMS, but registered users cannot.
    Anyone who know how to resolve this?

Comment

I think I found the problem, Make sure that the sections are published!

Now there's a new problem!

I can't delete the first 5 sections.. (no delete button)
      Please vote for:
      - Lightbox for all uploads
      - Attachment permissions for unregistered users

Comment

I thought I had this figured out yesterday, but now I'm having problems again.

When I 'publish' a section, the permissions are turned off (when you go into the adminCP and click permissions under vBulletin CMS, the lock is grey and unlocked, not gold and locked).

When I turn the permissions back on, it appears to un-publish the section. Although when I select the section it says it's published, the section won't show up in the sections widget for non-admins, and this issue continues.
        Last edited by BruteSentiment; Sun 27 Dec '09, 1:21pm. Reason: Clearing up some of my description.

Comment

I've seen this too and I have a feeling that it only came in with PL 1, because I'm pretty sure it didn't exist before. At present I haven't gone live with my site so there's only me and the other two mods using it, but still we need a resolve for this!

Comment

Drats, I'm having the same issue. Guest can see the home page, but logged in users can't.

Comment

same here having the exact issue
              ive submitted a bug report
              http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=34705

Comment

Sections are wonky for me too, I stopped using them and just made one general section. The only things I can suggest are:

Make sure the section and the article are published

and (Important) when you publish an article in the section, make sure to fill out the date in the calendar. IE if you want it published now, be sure to click the calendar. This has to be done even if you're only editing the article.

There's other bugs I encountered but I dont think they're fixable by end user.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                Working...
                X