LEvel of support, really sucks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] LEvel of support, really sucks

I am disappointed to have paid so much money to vbulletin and yet not receive any or less support.
    been facing problems for the last 36 hours and yet havent got any support that i could tally with the amount of money i paid.

it really sucks. huge inconvenicence to my users. i wish i were not stuck with vbulletin

I am sorry you're having trouble, and I did see your other thread here: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...i-get-an-error

but I can't help you with the problem. I do know though that you asked for help on Christmas night, I am sure the support staff was with their famlies and since Christmas was on a Friday, now it's the weekend which support is hit or miss on the weekend I believe. I am sure someone will help you as soon as they see this.

If you want to make sure they see it, try submitting a support ticket then it will be assigned to someone to look at and they probably get an email with that assignment.

Sorry I didn't know what to tell you to help you out, I know it sucks when things go way wrong and your users can't use the site.

Good Luck!

Comment

Well, you arent really "stuck" with vB in reality ,...

But considering the rolling out of a technically completely new product, you know support is gonna be swamped for a little while while they weed out the common bugs.

I have open tickets right now myself, but I have no problem being patient as I know updates with fixes are on the way very soon, and my personal issues are very much being handled.

Hang in there.

Comment

It's freaking Christmas for crying out loud.

WTF, get a grip.

Sorry you are having problems, I hope you get them sorted out.
        Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by smirkley View Post
          But considering the rolling out of a technically completely new product, you know support is gonna be swamped for a little while while they weed out the common bugs.
          Back in the day, Gold meant common bugs were already weeded out.

Comment

Originally posted by socceronly View Post

WTF, get a grip.

Sorry you are having problems, I hope you get them sorted out.

That is a fair call, but VB rushed to get this out before Xmas.......4 days before Xmas........can hardly blame the guy for having a vent.

I emailed support yesterday and Steve came back to me.............I'd say it was Xmas day his time so I can't complain about his support......

What I will complain about is that is seems to me the Lynne is the only one on this forum offering any advise on this forum......the software is brand new.......off course there are going to be people looking for support everyhere.......VB seems to be MIA.
            ttttt

Comment

I totally agree with you.

I think it was a mistake to release the gold just before Christmas like that. They should have done it when all hands could have been on deck. January 2nd ish or something.
              Hmmm. Cheese.

Comment

If I had to guess I'd say the powers that be at VB made this a requirement before end of year. Given the VB track record this release is a bit too buggy to be Gold IMO, but it's entirely possible there was some pressure to get it out the door - this would also explain the already announced maintenance releases in January to cover the obvious set of bugs that would be encountered.

Also I think everyone should bear in mind that this is a brand new product. You can't compare this to the release of VB3 as people have been. Apples to apples.

Comment

Originally posted by Nadeemjp View Post
                  I am disappointed to have paid so much money to vbulletin and yet not receive any or less support.
                  been facing problems for the last 36 hours and yet havent got any support that i could tally with the amount of money i paid.

it really sucks. huge inconvenicence to my users. i wish i were not stuck with vbulletin
                  I see your thread, but have you sent a support ticket?

Support tickets are generally responded to a bit faster than in the forums.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.5.6 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by socceronly View Post
                    Well, for a small percentage of the world population that might mean something.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	216666211v5_480x480_Front.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	3677354

!!!
                      Jason Craig Partner
                      Wet Coast Sports LTD
                      Fishing Reviews TV BC Fishing Reports Fly Fish BC Fly Tying Bug

Comment

Originally posted by stockerz View Post
                        Well, for a small percentage of the world population that might mean something.
                        Really?
                        You are including the world population like they are all vBulletin license holders.
                        ...steven
                        www.318ti.org (vB3.8) | www.nccbmwcca.org (vB4.2)
                        bmwcca.org/forum | m135i.net
                        "I tried to clean this up but this thread is beyond redemption." - Steve Machol

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
                          I see your thread, but have you sent a support ticket?

Support tickets are generally responded to a bit faster than in the forums.
                          I have looked high and low and cannot find the intuitive place on the VB website to file a no-kidding support ticket entry system. Can you enlighten me on where I would find this?

Comment

Support tickets are filed under the Member's area. Log in here: http://members.vbulletin.com/ and then over to the left you will see a link to the Support Ticket System.

I have had to use their support ticket system several times since I have owned VB and they are always quick to help.

Comment