Unknown column 'data' in 'field list' after upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] Unknown column 'data' in 'field list' after upgrade

I am getting the following SQL error when I go to rebuild thread information - cannot do a rebuild. Appears a column was not created. Already re-ran the upgrade 3 times with no luck. All plugins & products have been disabled prior to upgrade. Please advise.

Was upgrading forum software only... not to the suite.

Database error in vBulletin 4.0.0:
    Invalid SQL:
    SELECT data, expires, locktime, serialized
    FROM cache
    WHERE cacheid = 'vb_types.types';

Invalid SQL:
    FROM cache
    MySQL Error : Unknown column 'data' in 'field list'
    Error Number : 1054
    Request Date : Thursday, December 24th 2009 @ 11:42:24 AM
    Error Date : Thursday, December 24th 2009 @ 11:42:24 AM
    Script : http://www.XXXXX/forums/admincp/misc.php?do=chooser
    Referrer : http://www.XXXX/forums/admincp/index.php?do=home
    IP Address :
    Username : gopher
    Classname : vB_Database
    MySQL Version : 5.1.30
    www.morcmtb.org

The field data is not apparent in the cache table.
    The data in this field in binary data, and sessions will be interrupted. I'm surprised that you aren't getting this error when you login or visit the forum.

Backup your database before you do this.
    Please use this SQL query to address this:

ALTER TABLE `cache` ADD `data` BLOB NOT NULL ;

You can do this from either in PHPMyAdmin, or through vBulletin Admin CP it self, however, you admin user account must be authorised to execute MySQL queries. To ensure that your account is; check your config.php for this area:

PHP Code:
     // ****** USERS WITH QUERY RUNNING PERMISSIONS ******
     // The users specified here will be allowed to run queries from the control panel.
     // See the above entries for more information on the format.
     // Please note that the ability to run queries is quite powerful. You may wish
     // to remove all user IDs from this list for security reasons.
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = ''
    Your userid will need to be entered in that last bit, so if your userid is 1, this line will look such:

PHP Code:
    $config['SpecialUsers']['canrunqueries'] = '1'
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Was there a step in the upgrade that got missed? It seems my cache table is missing even more... expires, locktime, serialized... where were these added? I can do it manually but I fear some important step(s) have been missed or did not go well. I noticed no errors during the upgrade.

Invalid SQL:
      FROM cache
      MySQL Error : Unknown column 'expires' in 'field list'
      Error Number : 1054
      www.morcmtb.org

Comment

It appears that your upgrade didn't go through fully. Try

- drop all vB database tables
        - restore your 3.8.4 backup
        - delete all vB files and upload the 4.0 packgage again
        - re-run install/upgrade.php

Before doing this tho, if you have had your forum open since the upgrade, any new posts will be lost by restoring a backup...
        Vote for:

- *Admin Settable Paid Subscription Reminder Timeframe*
        -
        *PM - Add ability to reply to originator only*
        - Add Admin ability to auto-subscribe users to specific channel(s)
        - "Quick Route" Interface...

Comment

It appears the table cache exists already, even in my 3.8.4 backup. I think because it existed it wasn't able to do the steps in upgrade_400a1.php

Now am curious why this existed already. Hopefully there are no other issues like this - when it tries to create the cache table and couldn't it would have been nice if the upgrade script would say there was a problem.
          www.morcmtb.org

Comment

It should kick up an error? It would certainly throw a 'Duplicate content' or similar error when trying to add data to it.

Have you previously tried to upgrade your forum to one of the Beta or RC versions and decided to revert back to 3.8.4? If you had any plugins/modifications/products onyour site, can you also list them so that I can investigate this one further.
            Vote for:

-

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
              It should kick up an error? It would certainly throw a 'Duplicate content' or similar error when trying to add data to it.

Have you previously tried to upgrade your forum to one of the Beta or RC versions and decided to revert back to 3.8.4? If you had any plugins/modifications/products onyour site, can you also list them so that I can investigate this one further.
              I hadn't gone forward to 4.x until its most recent version came out... but a plugin might be possible. Here are the ones I have disabled:

Looking closer it appears to be a Photopost (gallery or classifieds) related table as there seems to be a lot of references to images from my photopost gallery.

id
              timestamp
              statscache
              recentcache
              popularcache
              randomcache
              calcache
              catcache
              catprops

in statscache, for example, there is data that looks like this: a:4:{s:5:"stats";a:6:{s:9:"usertotal";s:5:"3,937";s:11:"totalphotos";s:5:"7,355";s:7:"disk use";s:10:"3689183575";s:10:"totalviews";s:9:"8,689,654";s:9:"posttotal";s:5:"3,474";s:9:" diskspace";s:9:"3,518.3mb";}s:3:"top";a:3:{s:8:"topposts";a:6:{i:1;s:3:"801";i:2;s:3:"618" ;i:3;s:3:"273";i:4;s:3:"239";i:5;s:3:"219";i:6;N;}s:10:"topposters";.... etc.

In fact I have a table pp_cache created from photopost that has the exact same fields.... the pp_ tables are from photopost classifieds.
              Last edited by gopherhockey; Thu 24 Dec '09, 4:06pm.
              www.morcmtb.org

Comment

You will need to update Photopost and backout all changes that it has made.
                Vote for:

-

Comment

I was trialling an update today. This is the exact same error I got.

Are you saying you should udpate PhotoPost first before the upgrade?

Or can I just drop the vb3_cache table before upgrading so it gets created properly during the VB4 upgrade?
                  Selling my BigBoard GamerzNeeds.net/forums Threads: 193 502, Posts: 1 540 045, Members: 718 566 It is listed here http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showt...3#post18297060

Comment

any updates on a fix or resolve for this regarding PhotoPost?

Comment

You need to contact Photopost.
                      Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
                      Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                      Working...
                      X