Adding an image gives me "undefined"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Adding an image gives me "undefined"

When I'm making an article, and I try to add an image, it tells me to insert the url, then there's a checkbox that says "reference locally" or something like that. When I click accept, it just says "undefined" and adds nothing. If I uncheck that box, it works, but the file is pulled from whatever url I added, so I can't host it locally.

Let me guess, a bug?

Can you upload images in the forum part of your site using the same method?

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
    vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
    Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
    If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
      Can you upload images in the forum part of your site using the same method?
      Hmm, no, actually now that I check it I can't, the album upload shows up (different screen) but the error is the same. Is it a permissions error? I'm the admin so I'm supposed to have everything available, but I wonder if I need to check a setting.

Comment

If you can tell us the exact error, then we can work to figure out what is going on. (You may need to check your error_logs to see what the error is.)

If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

Comment

If you cant host it then you need a newer version of PHP or GD enabled & ImageMagick

Comment

I reported this bug a number of times in the tracker. Don't think they've fixed it yet. Rapidly becoming rather pissed with this crock of **** software.

Comment

Undefined

We are using vb4.0 pl1 on a test site. When we try to upload an image to an article and a forum post, the first thing that we notice is there is no upload/clear list option on the Attach Files window. (see image 1 below).

the Undefined error comes when you click on insert Attachment or Insert Inline. (see image 2 below)

When I uploaded these files to this post, I took a screen shot of the upload window to show what I see on vBulletin's site. (see image 3 below)

Also, on our test site, when I click on the Insert Image icon, I get a simple "enter the URL of the image" window. (see image 4 below)

when I click the same icon on vBulletin's site, I get an entirely different window. (see image 5 below)

My question, why are some others in the community having the same issue? Are we running the same version of vBulletin on our test site as is on vBulletin's site? Is there a setting we are missing to grant the upload and clear list options on the upload attachments window?
              Attached Files
              Nilea

http://www.knightsofillusion.com/cgi.../cat_lover.png
              http://www.knightsofillusion.com/cgi...lea_Jedi_1.png

Website "Knights of Illusion Guild"

Cute but psycho things even out

Comment

I have same problem with 4.0.1

Comment

Any answer?

Comment

has any solution been provided for this? When I try to add an image to an article on my site I get an undefined error. Is this a permissions issue on the server?
                    i am using the newest version of the publishing suite.

Click image for larger version

Name:	fat_tux.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	3677830Also, it seems like the Alignment functionality associated with images is not working even on this vB site. When I add an image to my post here I can not set the alignment to wrap the text around the image.
                    Last edited by extremis; Fri 13th Aug '10, 9:13am.
                    http://www.extremis.com
                    http://www.inverted.com

Comment

ok, it seems that the text wrapping functionality works when i move the image to the right, but when i push it to the left the text does not wrap properly.

we can just call this feature "buggy"
                      Last edited by extremis; Fri 13th Aug '10, 9:12am.
                      http://www.extremis.com
                      http://www.inverted.com

Comment

Bump to see if there is an answer to how to fix this problem. I get the same thing.

Comment

Has anybody put it in the bug tracker or looked to see if it's already there? I've found these - not sure if they are the same:
                          Image attachment uploads result in unexplained error
                          CMS - Cant upload images
                          Retrieve remote image fails.

Comment

Mine was working fine.. I moved my site into a new folder setup and now this is the only thing that is not working..

EDIT: Ok my bad the forums moved directory locations and the file attachments directory was not updated (a full directory path was set)
                            Last edited by LordVader!; Mon 22nd Feb '10, 12:55am.

Comment