• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jallaballa
    replied
    Originally posted by nightbloom View Post
    I had this problem too at first.

In the upper right side of the of the editor you will see the button. It switches you from plain to rich editor mode. You need to change that BEFORE you insert a picture using the function. If you dont, you just get a popup asking for a URL and the pic has no further editing possibilities. I really had to dig around to get this information, it's not obvious.
    Ah, great! Thank you. That solved #2

Leave a comment:

• nightbloom
    replied
    I had this problem too at first.

In the upper right side of the of the editor you will see the button. It switches you from plain to rich editor mode. You need to change that BEFORE you insert a picture using the function. If you dont, you just get a popup asking for a URL and the pic has no further editing possibilities. I really had to dig around to get this information, it's not obvious.

Leave a comment:

• jallaballa
    replied
    1. Ye, might be so, but I have checked code in notepad and cant see the error. For some reason when I paste here with [code] it still shows the pictures. Look below

2. Latest firefox, and latest IE8 - both same thing. Only get the cursor changing so i can drag the picture elsewhere.

Code:

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    1. I see some links are working and others that aren't. In the Tattooine article, it looks like an incomplete BBCode there. If you're copying and pasting too, depending on the source, it may not paste in correctly either (I had this problem on 3.8 too and get it in Dreamweaver etc.). You may need to edit those to ensure they work correctly after pasting in.

2. What browser are you using? It appears fine for me at the top left corner of the image when in the article editor (although a little temperamental in IE8!)

Leave a comment:

• jallaballa
    replied
    Originally posted by Trevor Hannant View Post
    1. Not sure why that is the case. For links, when you type the link in without adding BBCode, does it parse to the URL OK?

2. Hover over the image and a pencil will appear - click on that and the pop-up should appear

3. In the WYSIWYG edit, the last icon on the bottom line is 'Insert Preview Break' - click on that and then drag the line that will appear in the editor to the position you want the preview to end.
    1. Not really, text is copied from websites with html, take a look at front page www1.enemyoffline.com

2. Pencil wont appear in WYSIWYG editor or anywhere else

3. Thx, great

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    1. Not sure why that is the case. For links, when you type the link in without adding BBCode, does it parse to the URL OK?

2. Hover over the image and a pencil will appear - click on that and the pop-up should appear

3. In the WYSIWYG edit, the last icon on the bottom line is 'Insert Preview Break' - click on that and then drag the line that will appear in the editor to the position you want the preview to end.

Leave a comment:

• jallaballa
    started a topic [CMS] CMS front page article, looking weird

CMS front page article, looking weird

Hello
    This is my first post on these forums. I am a new customer and have a couple of questions I hope someone can help me with. I've looking through the manual, searched here and google, but cannot find the answer - hense this post.

My questions are:
    1. On my CMS front page I have articles from the forums I have created myself. For some reason these look like it don't accept bbcode/html even tho I have enabled this in options (i think) (bb code settings, all to 'yes')
    - The result is code on the front page instead of the original look.
    How can I fix this?

2. Picture alignment on articles. I cannot find this popup and therefore I cannot align my pictures. Where is it?

3. Where can i set the amount of text shown on the front page before listing "read more". I have approx 2 lines now, and that isn't very pretty.

Merry christmas everyone!

site: http://new.enemyoffline.com
    Last edited by jallaballa; Thu 24th Dec '09, 12:17am. Reason: added url
widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X