Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I search for threads with 0 replies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jagtpf
    replied
    Was this really sorted?

Moving from v 3.8.7 to 4.2.3 any thread with zero replies search doesn't work - nor can I see any manual option in advanced search to set replies to zero.

Have tried variations on "/search.php?do=process&replyless=0.1&replylimit=0" without any luck ....

Leave a comment:

• Lynne
    replied
    Status would be in the bug report. Searching for "Threads with zero(0) Replies"

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    Any update on this since the 4.0.2 release?

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    Thanks ddrake!

It must be possible to work this search out then - I can't figure it out, have tried various things using the 0.1 - The idea would be to add this to the main menu bar to encourage the members to help others who've had no replies

Anyone smart enough to figure this one out?

Dave.

Leave a comment:

• ddrake
    replied
    Another approach that might work better for some people is to use a custom widget of the "PHP Direct Execution" variety. It's really powerful. I modified the code here http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...popular+widget to make a widget that shows the 5 most recent threads with no replies in the Q&A forums.

Leave a comment:

• waynem
    replied
    Nice job, thanks for the tip!

Leave a comment:

• ddrake
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	advanced search.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	13.4 KB
ID:	3677631
    Click image for larger version

Name:	find threads.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	5.8 KB
ID:	3677632
    I have the gold release (haven't installed 4.0.1 yet) and have been trying to find a way to do this as well.

I noticed that the advanced search link on the top nav bar doesn't allow this, but if I first go into a forum and use the "Search Post" drop down and select "Advanced" there, I see some additional controls as shown here:

It works fine if I set it to find posts with at most 1 reply, but if I try to select posts with at most 0 replies (more restrictive), I get the error: "Please add more constraints to your search. Searches that return all or most of the database are a bad idea."

Just for the heck of it, I tried setting it to at most 0.1 replies, which surprisingly worked to find all unanswered posts in the forum. So at least there's a work-around

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    ^ Bump ^

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    ^ Bump ^

Leave a comment:

• Sophocles
    replied
    I would also like to know the answer to the question.

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    Bump just incase any of the dev's are now awake

Come on... make our Christmas

Leave a comment:

• waynem
    replied
    I second this request, its an important forum feature in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    Thanks for the reponse Mark, looks like it's changed

Really want to add a link to the forum so people can search for unanswered posts (within maybe 7 days or so) so people can try and help others out, and posts dont go unanswered if poss!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    In 3.8 this would have been:
    Code:
    search.php?do=process&replyless=1&replylimit=0
    But it doesn't seem to work on this site so I don't know if it's changed for vB4.
    Last edited by Mark.B; Thu 24th Dec '09, 3:05am.

Leave a comment:

• pvo_dave
    replied
    Anyone? cant seem to figure this one out

Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X