Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to just create a page, or must everything be an article?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [CMS] Possible to just create a page, or must everything be an article?

I want to create a simple page that I can add content to, similar to what every other CMS product will let you do. Can you do this with vB4's CMS product? It feels like a blog more than a CMS.
    Console Racing Review

Anyone have any idea on how to do this? I basically just want to create a page, for HTML or BB code, that exists on my site. Not an article, not a blog entry, not a forum post. Just a simple page, like "Release Dates" that I can edit and have linked to in the navbar or similar. Anyone?
    Console Racing Review

Comment

I created a reviews section on my site, similar I think to what you want on your site...to do it, I had to install this mod. I then added a new forum called 'reviews'. Set the display order (via Forum Manager in the ACP) to '0' so that it wouldn't show up on the homepage, and was only accessible by the link which I added to the navbar thanks to the aforementioned mod! Any assistance you might need, should you download that mod, just ask in the topic at Vbulletin.org or you can maybe ask me?

Comment

I'm looking for something far more simplistic, something your average CMS can handle. Unfortunately, the vBulletin CMS doesn't appear to be much of a content management system...
        Console Racing Review

Comment

If you create a single column layout, then program your data in a new widget and add that widget to the layout, would that handle what you need?

Comment

You should not need a widget for this...

plus I don't think you have a page without an article area
            Plan, Do, Check, Act!

Comment

The mod really is a simple install. And your best option at this stage

Comment

You can also create an article to be your 'simple page', simply choose the option to display full article on your 'reviews' section... use a layout that is only primary content, no sidebars/no widgets *shrugs*

Comment

This is coming in 4.01. Which is currently planned for Monday 1/11. This adds
                  1) Ability to hide a section, so it doesn't appear in breadcrumbs or navigation widgets.
                  2) Ability to hide an article from search, so it won't appear (among other places) on a "recent articles" widget.
                  3) Ability to make an article available for addition to subnav as if it were a section.

It's still an article, but I believe that by checking 3, and maybe 1 or 2 depending on your needs, you can get what you want.
                  Please- I'm not tech support. Don't send your problem reports to me unless I've asked you to.

Comment

This mod looks to be what you want, I think?

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                    Working...
                    X