Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why can't I delete/edit the default tabs in the Nav Tab bar?!!!!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I was talking about the voting thing everyone keeps referring to. Where/how? Exactly.

    Comment


    • #17
      bug tracker on main forum under 3.8

      Comment


      • #18
        http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...eir-importance

        Comment


        • #19
          Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't changing the navbar the same as previous versions? i.e. edit a template?

          Love to see a UI for this, but IMO much higher priorities.
          My Twitterings

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by the geek View Post
            Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't changing the navbar the same as previous versions? i.e. edit a template?

            Love to see a UI for this, but IMO much higher priorities.
            2x correct

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by the geek View Post
              Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't changing the navbar the same as previous versions? i.e. edit a template?

              Love to see a UI for this, but IMO much higher priorities.

              If I knew HOW to edit a template I would (as I'm sure others would as well).
              The point is that you shouldn't have to.

              I'm sure you are right about there being other priorities, but from a user perspective, this really blows.
              Of all the BS insignificant things that DID get addressed, how this wasn't determined to be one of them is beyond me.
              People want to be able to configure the software so it works for them.

              Sorry for being so frustrated, but I've got a forum that looks ridiculous now because I have these lame default tabs that either 1. don't mean anything for my users, or 2. have tabs that are confusing because we don't use them at all.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by melbo View Post
                bug tracker on main forum under 3.8
                Thanks!
                I went there but could not find this issue.
                I don't really understand this voting thing. They just looked like threads to me. Am I missing something?

                Comment


                • #23
                  Here is a mod that will let you add more tabs, I know it does not help you change the default ones, but it will give you some function.. Funny how vB can't seem to implement what others can.. If it were not for .org, this would be the most useless POS Forum Software on the internet, vs others default functions. JMO

                  http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228507

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    You should take the time to learn how to edit the templates, or at least make an attempt. If you ask for help with customizations @ .org I'm sure there is some information floating around out there right now. I agree that we should possibly have a tab manager, and I would suspect someone to write one in the near future regardless if one is coming in the future.

                    But for the time being you have the option to edit them. You can do this via the AdminCP > Styles & Templates > Style Manager > Click on << >> Find the navbar template group and expand it, edit the navbar template.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Thanks Zachery, and everyone.

                      Here's to hoping one does come out.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        What template do I need to find and edit in order to manually adjust the nav tabs ?

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by Greg Wilson View Post
                          What template do I need to find and edit in order to manually adjust the nav tabs ?
                          The navbar template

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            I use this one and it sounds like a good solution for you if you don't want to get into templates and such.

                            Tab and Link Manager Very easy to use!

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by RaceJunkie View Post
                              Here is a mod that will let you add more tabs, I know it does not help you change the default ones, but it will give you some function.. Funny how vB can't seem to implement what others can.. If it were not for .org, this would be the most useless POS Forum Software on the internet, vs others default functions. JMO

                              http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=228507
                              You make it sound like vbulletin.org is some kind of separate entity. It's just the way Vbulletin has chosen to separate standard from modification support. It ain't "others".
                              Last edited by nakedanvil; Sun 13th Jun '10, 10:01pm.

                              Comment

                              Related Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X