How in the hell...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Forum] How in the hell...

I've been dinking in the CP for an hour. I don't understand how to get a side bar next to my forum. I tried 1,000 different layouts with the layout manager, it still doesn't show. I've added stuff to the forum block manager, I've created new grids. I've slit my wrists.

I'm going to take its still bugged.

Excuse me while I go get a bandade.

Same deal here, side bar not showing

Comment

Layout is under Forums and Moderators, last line

Turn on or off is in Settings - Options - Forum Sidebar and Block Options

Comment

Have you enabled it in, vBulletin Options -> Sidebar Settings
        Then added at least 1 module, Forums and Moderators -> Forum Block Manager
        Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Ltd.
        VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
        vBulletin Hosting and Services
        Server / Website Consultation

Comment

Got it now, thanks Melbo! I had enabled it in options but had not added a block.

Comment

you'd think that would be combined in ACP right? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kensino View Post
              I've been dinking in the CP for an hour.
              I thought this said "I've been drinking..." and thought that may have been your problem.

Please don't PM or VM me for support - I only help out in the threads.
              vBulletin Manual & vBulletin 4.0 Code Documentation (API)
              Want help modifying your vbulletin forum? Head on over to vbulletin.org
              If I post CSS and you don't know where it goes, throw it into the additional.css template.

W3Schools <- awesome site for html/css help

Comment

Yeah that woulda been nice. I have been beating my damn head against the keyboard for a right good time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chips View Post
                  Yeah that woulda been nice. I have been beating my damn head against the keyboard for a right good time.
                  Same problem here, except it was the keyboard vs. the wall. not sure who won, I think it was a draw. Keyboard is useless now, but the wall isn't looking well either.

Originally posted by Lynne View Post
                  I thought this said "I've been drinking..." and thought that may have been your problem.
                  It was supposed to say drinking, but I couldn't see the keys anymore.

Please excuse me while I go die now.

Comment

Been applying alcohol all night although I told my wife to hide the Jack Daniels. Who knows how it would turn out with the hard stuff.... but it is getting closer by the minute.

Comment

Glad I checked this thread before I hit the bottle again myself. Dang side bar thing. LOL!! Works just like they planned it I guess. Now, can someone fine my homepage for me? :-) More drinks for everyone!
                      Gamers socializing and having fun 24/7.
                      www.crosseyedgamer.com

Comment

My understanding is they're going to be coming out with optional airbags for keyboatds and monitors to try to prevent injuries in situations just like this.
                        Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
                        Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

OP can u edit thread title to make it relevant plzz

Comment

I did actually post a suggestion to the vB team some time ago in Projects, regarding the fact that some pointers should be included in the AdminCP>Settings area instructing people that they still had to go and add blocks before anything appeared -- to save them the hassle of people getting confused. Hasn't been done - so welcome the hassle!

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                            Working...
                            X