Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fancy URLs and special characters, å,ä,ö don't work

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Dody
    replied
    Originally posted by terabyte View Post
    Doddy, could you post your way to fix this?
    4.0.1 is around the corner, if it doesn't fix this issue, I will post how to fix it in vbulletin.org

    Leave a comment:


  • terabyte
    replied
    Doddy, could you post your way to fix this?

    Leave a comment:


  • terabyte
    replied
    Originally posted by RadioErewan View Post
    Bet, a lot of other admins will agree with me.
    I do!


    Dody; Thanks for the link Dody. WIll try to take a look at it.

    Leave a comment:


  • Dody
    replied
    Originally posted by terabyte View Post
    Could you just point me to the right php file with the clean-function and I will take a look at it myself. Thanks.
    The modification I made in order to get it working was in /includes/class_friendly_url.php
    I will post a guide later.

    Leave a comment:


  • RadioErewan
    replied
    Originally posted by Andreas View Post
    This is a known issue and will be fixed in future versions - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...-and-Character
    This is good way to another disaster.
    Character conversion table would be great for most of non-english latin alphabet based languages (full ASCII, latin 2, etc). Converting é->e æ->ae ü->u ñ->n ą->a etc. could satisfy more than 400 millions of European citizens and another half of bilion of South Americans.
    It is simple, still informative (people are used to live with such simplifications) and allow vB to stay away from URL encoding. This is not global workaround, but satisfies a lot. It is easier to split this problem, to cope with really different needs of asian/arabic-languages and latin-characters based sites. To be honest - URL encoded characters of my Polish language will force me to drop vB FURLs, do not need such obscufication. Bet, a lot of other admins will agree with me.

    Leave a comment:


  • terabyte
    replied
    Originally posted by Dody View Post
    terabyte, I told you they are working on a fix that will be released in the upcoming updates.
    A temporary solution will require modifying php codes, you can read about it here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=33951
    Could you just point me to the right php file with the clean-function and I will take a look at it myself. Thanks.

    Leave a comment:


  • terabyte
    replied
    Originally posted by smudgersmiffy View Post
    I'm not sure what the problem is here.

    This is a known problem. After all, it's not as if vBulletin are denying there's a problem or just burying their head in the sand.

    If you knew this was going to be a problem for you, why on earth did you upgrade from version 3.x?

    Wouldn't it have been more sensible to wait until the vBulletin staff had found a fix?
    Have I said that I was aware of the problem? I didn't upgrade a live site, but I don't want to pay for a product (three licenses) that has gone gold, where basic stuff don't work.

    Leave a comment:


  • RadioErewan
    replied
    Is not Gold something with all architectural bugs fixed? This one is well known and discussed here for months!

    Leave a comment:


  • smudgersmiffy
    replied
    I'm not sure what the problem is here.

    This is a known problem. After all, it's not as if vBulletin are denying there's a problem or just burying their head in the sand.

    If you knew this was going to be a problem for you, why on earth did you upgrade from version 3.x?

    Wouldn't it have been more sensible to wait until the vBulletin staff had found a fix?

    Leave a comment:


  • Dody
    replied
    terabyte, I told you they are working on a fix that will be released in the upcoming updates.
    A temporary solution will require modifying php codes, you can read about it here http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/proje...?issueid=33951

    Leave a comment:


  • terabyte
    replied
    I can understand that Andreas, but this a GOLD release, so it is interesting to know how long we have to wait for a basic thing that should have been fixed before releasing a major update like this. I also get that this is more coplex issue for languages like chinese, korean and so on, but in this case it is about simple characters replace.

    I mainly looking for a quick fix at this time, since it is just really bad that we have to wait for a fix, not defined when it is comming.

    Leave a comment:


  • Andreas
    replied
    This is a known issue and will be fixed in future versions - http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entry...-and-Character

    Leave a comment:


  • jörg
    replied
    hi,

    this is gold not a alpha. this must work now. the time of emty words is now over

    Leave a comment:


  • terabyte
    replied
    That was an upgrade, I have nor reinstalled GOld and I get the same behaviour of forum, blog and CMS: basically stripped characters. If somebody have a fix to replace characters before the stripping takes part, please advise.

    ä --> a
    å --> a
    ö --> o

    Leave a comment:


  • Dody
    replied
    You can disable the friendly urls until this is fixed.

    Leave a comment:

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
Working...
X