X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter_AUS
    replied
    Well a but silly then being there isn't it, as it specifically says don't upload, unless you need to, so didn't look there. But at least finally the question is answered Hey.

So why wouldn't this file be in the upload directory, is that because normally on a working site there would already be the expectation of that file being there ?

Leave a comment:

• nubian
    replied
    Originally posted by tonetu View Post
    am using mac and the problem with it is all "." files like ".htaccess" getting hidden so i can't see it!
    so i have a question now "maybe it's a silly question" but i believe it's easy to answer

my question is: when you guys downloaded vb 4.0, did you find ".htaccess" file or not? because i didn't find it and it might be hidden! or ".htaccess" file is not in the vb 4.0 zip files?

thanks
    Originally posted by Peter_AUS View Post
    Tonetu,

No the vb4 suite doesn't come with a .htaccess file at all on my package that I downloaded. Hope that finally answers that question for you.
    Incorrect, the .htaccess file is located in the do_not_upload' folder.

Leave a comment:

• Peter_AUS
    replied
    Tonetu,

No the vb4 suite doesn't come with a .htaccess file at all on my package that I downloaded. Hope that finally answers that question for you.

Leave a comment:

• tonetu
    replied
    Originally posted by PitchouneN64ngc View Post
    If you are on a Mac, you have 2 solutions:
    - Use some FTP software like Filezilla, you will see it and able to open it
    - Use this command line in Terminal:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true
    After that, edit your file and don't forget to do the same command but with 'false' statement at the end!
    nothing happen with this command in terminal...
    i tried it and nothing change! could you please tell me what does this command do?

and my question still without answer, does (vb 4.0 zip file) in the download area in vbulletin.com have .htaccess or not? because am having a problem and it might be because there's no .htaccess file in my root!

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    If you are on a Mac, you have 2 solutions:
    - Use some FTP software like Filezilla, you will see it and able to open it
    - Use this command line in Terminal:
    Code:
    defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles true
    After that, edit your file and don't forget to do the same command but with 'false' statement at the end!

Leave a comment:

• tonetu
    replied
    am using mac and the problem with it is all "." files like ".htaccess" getting hidden so i can't see it!
    so i have a question now "maybe it's a silly question" but i believe it's easy to answer

my question is: when you guys downloaded vb 4.0, did you find ".htaccess" file or not? because i didn't find it and it might be hidden! or ".htaccess" file is not in the vb 4.0 zip files?

thanks

Leave a comment:

• Jhumon
    replied
    Good Work Sir.Its nicely working for me.

Leave a comment:

• Zachery
    replied
    Report any bugs you're having with the mod_rewrite in the tracker if they already havent been reported.

Leave a comment:

• Katsue
    replied
    If it works fine for the forum, there is some problems with CMS. Indeed, whichever button I click, I still stay on the Welcome page. For instance, if I click the Guide Button, I can see http://.../content/2-Travel in my address bar, but the page displayed is still the Welcome one.

Don't we need a RewriteRule for content.php ?

Leave a comment:

• cosy
    replied
    error 500 here using OP rules

Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Wait for the beta 4 build, we should ship a default htaccess.
    500 error also

Leave a comment:

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    I never used it but my editor reports this line in black instead in green (as you can see), so this is a line with some errors.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie_Brown
    replied
    The line which rename entries links fails.

I can see this:

It should be:

Change 'W' to 'w'.
    So this will stop the 400 errors?

Leave a comment:

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    I didn't use it, but it seems to working good

Leave a comment:

• Bergler
    replied
    At the root folder of your forums.
    Thank you for that, worked well!! Is this how the link should look?? http://www.xxxxxxxxxx.com/fishing/th...de-Simple-8207

Leave a comment:

• Yves Rigaud
    replied
    Originally posted by Bergler View Post
    Here is the stupid question of the day, where do you put the .htaccess file?
    At the root folder of your forums.

Leave a comment: