Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I changed it to 50 now. When I click on Last it takes me out of the thread back to the forum home page is this happening to everyone as well ?
    Thanks,

Peter

Comment

• 100, didn't realise it was set to that thanks.
      No problem.

Pro tip: set people you dont like on your forum to one post per page. :P Priceless...

Comment

• Editing paths

Hi,

Is it possible to use other keywords (or even other paths) than the default "forums", "threads", "members", etc.?
        I ask this because I tried to edit my .htaccess and includes/class_friendly_url.php files and it didn't do a thing. Although editing only the class (which I'd prefer to have a config page for) does seem to update the links in the pages, when I change the .htaccess the new path is an infinite redirect on itself and when I don't the default redirects work.
        Last edited by Benjy; Tue 1st Dec '09, 4:04am.
        NDFR.net - Communauté informatique

Comment

• BODY{font:x-small 'Verdana';margin-right:1.5em} .c{cursor:hand} .b{color:red;font-family:'Courier New';font-weight:bold;text-decoration:none} .e{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .k{margin-left:1em;text-indent:-1em;margin-right:1em} .t{color:#990000} .xt{color:#990099} .ns{color:red} .dt{color:green} .m{color:blue} .tx{font-weight:bold} .db{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;border-left:1px solid #CCCCCC;font:small Courier} .di{font:small Courier} .d{color:blue} .pi{color:blue} .cb{text-indent:0px;margin-left:1em;margin-top:0px;margin-bottom:0px;padding-left:.3em;font:small Courier;color:#888888} .ci{font:small Courier;color:#888888} PRE{margin:0px;display:inline} i got this at my sitemap

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
          - <sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
          - <sitemap>
          <loc>http://www.nusantaraku.org/forum/sitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_221.xml.gz</loc>

<lastmod>2009-12-01T09:17:02-05:00</lastmod>

</sitemap>

- <sitemap>
          <loc>http://www.nusantaraku.org/forum/sitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_thread_1_22554.xml.gz</loc>

<lastmod>2009-12-01T09:17:04-05:00</lastmod>

</sitemap>

</sitemapindex>

is it the sitemap??
          the best Forum You Ever See. Best style and Best Index www.nusantaraku.org

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

• http://www.nusantaraku.org/forum/sho...ulu-menghilang <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< look like this

i need to make a link with you, do u need to make a link with my forum? together we achieve more

Comment

• Works great for me! One question...

When I right-click a post number to get the URL for direct linking to that specific post, it has an "unfriendly" URL, like this:
              http://www.myforums.com/threads/16-testing-friendly-URLs?p=18#post18

Is there a way to make them friendly, or is that just the nature of the beast?
              ~ Life isn't always fair, but you can be. ~

Comment

• Originally posted by cbiweb View Post
                Works great for me! One question...

When I right-click a post number to get the URL for direct linking to that specific post, it has an "unfriendly" URL, like this:
                http://www.myforums.com/threads/16-testing-friendly-URLs?p=18#post18

Is there a way to make them friendly, or is that just the nature of the beast?
                If that's the way it's coming it, I'd say it's the nature of the beast, but not one that will affect the search engines in a bad way.
                But it looks to be something that could be easily changed before the Gold version if vBulletin wanted.

Comment

• Where to put this code that I create a file (. Htaccess) with the code in the server root and does not work,

Change the options from the administration panel and nothing happens, if I get 404, is that I have the forum in a sub domain called /foros and I always rewritten to
                  www.mydomain.com/foros/forum

Comment

• creat a text document, then put the contents in. name it .htaccess
                    upload to forum root.

Comment

• Thanks for the code but it doesn't work well with accentuated letters in title.
                      For example a title like this:
                      Kyûshû basho2009 - 15ème journée
                      will loose all accentuated letters giving this:

http://www.mysite.tld/testvb/content...09-15e-journ-e

Comment

• Thanks man - worked instantly for me without any problems... testing!

Comment

• how to write this

mysite/forum/sitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_222.xml.gz
                          to
                          mysite/forum/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_222.xml.gz

Comment

• Originally posted by badawidollah View Post
                            how to write this

mysite/forum/sitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_222.xml.gz
                            to
                            mysite/forum/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_222.xml.gz
                            Something like
                            Code:
                            RewriteEngine On
                            Options +FollowSymLinks
                            RewriteRule ^forum/sitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_222.xml.gz forum/xmlsitemap.php?fn=vbulletin_sitemap_forum_0_222.xml.gz
                            But I'm in a rush, I'll look at it after my Chinese class

Comment

• The CMS does not work with Mod Rewrite it seems.

Forum is doing ok, but CMS not. If you click on an article, comment or if you want to create a new article the reloads the CMS-startpage again.

Comment

• Everything seems to work for me at least. Matty should add "RewriteRule ^widget/config/([0-9]+) widget.php?r=config/$1&%{QUERY_STRING}" to the original post though for widget config.
                                Spin-X Engine / Community / My Blog

Comment