Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to Backup before Upgrading to 4.0

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by avitor View Post
    you mean to admin controlpenel ? or to phpmayadmin control panel?
    OR TO HOSTING CONTROL PANEL?

    if you mean the user and pass neads to be same in config file and the database of the new site
    its like this-pass and user are same in config.php and in database of the site

    i have hosting control panel
    and flashfxp what i login to my server with
    and admin panel
    What I mean is:

    Database = It needs a user and password associated with it for ANYTHING to be able to access it.
    Config file = it needs this info to work.
    Config file of anything else i.e. BigDump or MySQLDumper will need similar info.


    Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
    Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

    Comment


    • #47
      I'm at a loss - help! I have a test site on my server which is an exact duplicate of my existing site, created based on the summarized vBulletin instructions here.

      When I access it, all links etc. point properly to the test version of the database. With this secondary site successfully up and running, I transferred all the vB4 files over and ran the upgrade scripts with no errors.

      However, my page appears in straight text and the links now point back to my production board!? What happened during the upgrade process to do this? Any thoughts??

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by War.Frog View Post
        I'm at a loss - help! I have a test site on my server which is an exact duplicate of my existing site, created based on the summarized vBulletin instructions here.

        When I access it, all links etc. point properly to the test version of the database. With this secondary site successfully up and running, I transferred all the vB4 files over and ran the upgrade scripts with no errors.

        However, my page appears in straight text and the links now point back to my production board!? What happened during the upgrade process to do this? Any thoughts??
        Tell me you turned off all modifications per the info above in step #3... or lie

        Otherwise let me look over what's been posted so far I'm trying to help someone else now who thought their host had a backup but did not so give me a few perhaps until tomorrow.


        Former vBulletin Support Staff
        Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
        Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
        Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
          What I mean is:

          Database = It needs a user and password associated with it for ANYTHING to be able to access it.
          Config file = it needs this info to work.
          Config file of anything else i.e. BigDump or MySQLDumper will need similar info.

          yap
          my database user and password are same like bigdump and config fie to
          all are same password and user
          and stil is not works
          shows this werning

          BigDump: Staggered MySQL Dump Importer v0.31b


          Processing file: akotel.sql
          Starting from line: 1

          Error at the line 21: CREATE DATABASE `akotel` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;
          Query: --
          --
          CREATE DATABASE `akotel` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET utf8 COLLATE utf8_general_ci;

          MySQL: Access denied for user 'mulemain'@'%' to database 'akotel'
          Stopped on error

          Start from the beginning (DROP the old tables before restarting)
          © 2003-2009 Alexey Ozerov
          Last edited by avitor; Mon 16th Nov '09, 3:35am.
          http://www.horadot.co.za

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by avitor View Post
            yap
            my database user and password are same like bigdump and config fie to
            all are same password and user
            and stil is not works
            shows this werning
            so you made a blank "empty" database AND assigned it a user and password BEFORE trying to run bigdump and import the db right?

            See your error tells me you trying to have bigdump do it all i.e. create and restore the backup well it can't do that if the DB is not up and ready for the info to be imported yet OR have you done this and we are not understanding each others differences in language?

            All I know is if it's done right and the info matches your good to go, your error seems to be simple i.e. it is not fully setup right but after that if everything else is ok and you get it setup right it should work. If you don't have this by tomorrow send me a PM I'll see if I can squeeze you in because I only have time to work and help out here which this is in my spare time because I WUV you guys

            Mike


            Former vBulletin Support Staff
            Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
            Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
            Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

            Comment


            • #51
              Thanks Mike for putting this info in one place
              -- Web Developer for hire
              ---Online Marketing Tools and Articles

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
                Tell me you turned off all modifications per the info above in step #3... or lie

                Otherwise let me look over what's been posted so far I'm trying to help someone else now who thought their host had a backup but did not so give me a few perhaps until tomorrow.
                LOL. I really did...I disabled them in the config.php file. What I'm mystified about is how my test board even "knows" about the production one if the database referenced in the config.php is the test one?

                Have a look at the result: http://www.wekillus.com/wkusandbox

                While the footer shows "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Beta 3", all the links etc. want to go back to the production board. I just checked the config.php again and it's NOT pointing to that board.

                Comment


                • #53
                  Thanks for linking me in your post.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Loco.M View Post
                    Thanks Mike for putting this info in one place
                    No problem... although I need to clean it up today it's BORDERLINING on the confusing side for just "members" so hopefully I'll have time to do that shortly and with screenshots ... ohh yeas breakfast would be nice where's my clone Brandon.. I told you guys on Twitter a while back LOL

                    Edit: I'm going to attempt to clean this up and make it much more understandable to EVERYONE later tonight when I finish up some work otherwise it will be first thing tomorrow morning (Edited @ 8:46pm EST). - Mike

                    Originally posted by War.Frog View Post
                    LOL. I really did...I disabled them in the config.php file. What I'm mystified about is how my test board even "knows" about the production one if the database referenced in the config.php is the test one?

                    Have a look at the result: http://www.wekillus.com/wkusandbox

                    While the footer shows "Powered by vBulletin™ Version 4.0.0 Beta 3", all the links etc. want to go back to the production board. I just checked the config.php again and it's NOT pointing to that board.
                    I've seen some weird stuff lately myself, note the name Beta 3

                    Originally posted by Floris View Post
                    Thanks for linking me in your post.
                    Credit where it is due good sir! Ahh hello you know me
                    Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Mon 16th Nov '09, 4:46pm.


                    Former vBulletin Support Staff
                    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
                    Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Well I fixed a fubar'd 3.8 to 4.0 upgrade by importing 4.0 into a fresh 4.0 using impex and it's working!

                      More info here:

                      http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...no-CMS-or-Blog

                      Originally posted by TheLastSuperman
                      Well I did it! I successfully imported a fubar'd 3.8 to 4.0 upgrade database into a fresh 4.0 install via impex

                      checking for major bugs now but after updating counters it seemed to work I did have problems verifying the attachments going right but everything else seems to have worked and we can do what we could not on the other fubar'd 4.0 upgrade!!

                      WOOHOO!!
                      Edit: I'll have up another type of guide like this for those who want to attempt a failed upgrade that does not function right IF all the content and users are there into a fresh 4.0 via IMPEX. I need to get the one I just impexed cleaned up and verify it will be as close ot bug free as it can be but for the user tonight it was either this or a forum that was unusable.
                      Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Mon 16th Nov '09, 7:50pm.


                      Former vBulletin Support Staff
                      Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                      Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
                      Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Best vB Database Backup (Lite)
                        Sorry my bad english

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by avitor View Post
                          where
                          is not buckup optins in this admincp
                          http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showt...=1#post1841547
                          -Andy.
                          http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
                          http://www.mindplacesupport.com

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Originally posted by TheLastSuperman View Post
                            I see what you mean, I was thinking 4.0 but 3.x has it there.
                            And the problem in using it? It's the easiest possible way to back up the Database that I can see. What am I missing?
                            -Andy.
                            http://www.checkcheckonetwo.com
                            http://www.mindplacesupport.com

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by Meestor_X View Post
                              And the problem in using it? It's the easiest possible way to back up the Database that I can see. What am I missing?
                              Many are on hosts where it will not work O.o and best to export from the same system you want to import to versus vB to php MyAdmin etc even though it will work, that's just me IMO.

                              Everyone else can try it the vB way but I have seen this not work on many sites.
                              Last edited by TheLastSuperman; Tue 17th Nov '09, 12:44pm.


                              Former vBulletin Support Staff
                              Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                              Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
                              Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                3.8 yes in my 4.0 fresh install nothing.


                                Former vBulletin Support Staff
                                Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                                Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
                                Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

                                Comment

                                widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                                Working...
                                X