Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DrewryMedia View Post
    good stuff home slice! =)
    I actually need to update this, it's still a good guide currently however could be better and is due for a update, vBulletin 4 certainly has improved since I originally posted! I mean that positively, please no "hater" comments .

Former vBulletin Support Staff
    Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
    Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
    Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

• I tried to make a test site to different address (aaaaa.com -> bbbbb.com) and something went wrong. Now my test site looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	test site.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	47.5 KB
ID:	3682309

adminCP is ok. I allready revert default style and changed url information at Settings -> Options. What i forgot to do?

Comment

• That happens when you have the wrong forum URL setting. You need to set the correct forum URL here:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Site Name / URL / Contact Details -> Forum URL

The other possibility is that you are storing stylesheets in the file system but there is something wrong with the permissions. If the first option doesn't work, try setting this:

Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Settings -> Store CSS Stylesheets as Files? -> No
        Steve Machol, former vBulletin Customer Support Manager (and NOT retired!)
        Change CKEditor Colors to Match Style (for 4.1.4 and above)

Steve Machol Photography

Mankind is the only creature smart enough to know its own history, and dumb enough to ignore it.

Comment

• yep, it was wrong URL setting.
          Last edited by sebbo; Thu 26th May '11, 8:32am.

Comment

• It's always good to follow instructions.

Comment

• Thank you so much. This thread is so helpful

Comment

• Would you happen to have a list of SSH commands, that gives step by step commands on which command to put in first, and pre-printed commands for SSH?

Comment

• Originally posted by DrewryMedia View Post
                  Would you happen to have a list of SSH commands, that gives step by step commands on which command to put in first, and pre-printed commands for SSH?
                  I believe your looking for something along the lines of eva2000's (George from the vbulletin team) information here:
                  https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/entr...a2000-s-method

Edit: I appreciate the new smileys but some of them look like utter rubbish

Former vBulletin Support Staff
                  Hacked recently? See my blog post "Recovering a Hacked vBulletin Site".
                  Thinking outside the box? Need modification support? Visit www.vBulletin.org and have at it!
                  Need a Host? - I recommend URLJet

Comment

• How to Backup before Upgrading to 4.0

Give this guy a moderating job!
                    Thanks for your help mate
                    Aussiefootyforums

New Site New forum
                    Come and talk sports all day long

Comment

• Very good thanks.
                      4everplay

Comment

• Hi, I want the old URL New URL redirects.
                        Kadın Forum | Kralnetci Forum

Comment

• thanks very much

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                          Working...
                          X