Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I upgrade to 4.2.5 (currently on 4.2.1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I upgrade to 4.2.5 (currently on 4.2.1)

Hello all.

I've had 4.2.1 since I bought the license in 2013. I don't remember how I installed the forum and everything on my Godaddy hosting. I've never had any major issues with the site up until a month or so ago when my site got some malware on it and I had to pay godaddy for the malware removal. Godaddy suggested upgrading to the latest software.

Well it's been attacked again according to the godaddy monitoring services. On mobile, I usually use full site mode, and the last two days it's been acting up big time when browsing that way. Quick reply box doesn't work and whenever I hit reply to go to quick box it automatically sends me to full reply, but then the textbox toolbar (font buttons, IMG tags etc) doesn't show up and is missing (look at attachment). On a desktop/laptop this doesn't happen and it works just like normal. I kind of winged the installation 6 years ago and was hoping someone could help me upgrade to 4.2.5 so these security issues can go away. I haven't upgraded to 5 because I don't like the aesthetic compared to 4, which I've used on various sites for the last 15 years.

I'd be willing to pay a little bit for their time in helping me. I don't have a big website by any means, just a baseball forum of myself and friends that have been in the community talking baseball for 20 years or so.

www.chopcountry.com

Really would appreciate any guidance or assistance on this. Thanks.
    Attached Files

See https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?...rsion=40205500

But you may have more problems than that.

Feel free to PM me.
    Psychlinks Web Services Affordable Web Design & Site Management
    Specializing in Small Businesses and vBulletin/Xenforo Forums

Comment

Originally posted by djbaxter View Post
      See https://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html?...rsion=40205500

But you may have more problems than that.

Feel free to PM me.
      Thanks, I PM'd you.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X