X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MikeSD
    replied
    Originally posted by kh99 View Post
    Hmm..oh well, I really liked the widget idea, but I guess not.

Yeah, I meant in the Plugin Manager.

You could temporarily disable the plugin system (under Plugin/Hook System in the settings) and see if the problem goes away. If not, that would eliminate plugins or products.
    Found the problem. Or rather, YOU found the problem. I went back to widgets. When I click "Articles" it takes me to a main page, that has all the widgets and stuff on it. That page, has "Featured Photo" at the top, which is how photopost is integrated into that page.

I removed all that code for "Featured Photo" and it works like a charm now.

See, I knew that's why they pay you the big bucks.

AND, I fixed the problem. That code had the password to the photopost hard coded. And since I change it, it was hard coded incorrectly. Guess I should have used a variable for the db password, whatever that is.

So now "Articles" works

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    Yeah, one of the plugins adds the CMS itself, so that's probably the one that made the button go away.

Maybe you can search your code and database for that message. It could be that that message comes from the php mysql library or something like that, but I then I would have expected to find other references from google. Plus that's a pretty poor error message, so it seems more likely to come from add-on code.

Leave a comment:

• MikeSD
    replied
    I disabled all of the 12, one at a time. The only one that made a difference was one that had something to do with visibility and the button dissappeared all together. In fact, I deactivated EVERY one of the plugins, and the only change one of them made was to make the button dissappear all together. Not seeing how there is any link from articles to photopost. In fact, I deactivated all articles, just to make sure there wasn't a photo or something that was referenced to the PP database. Didn't change anything.

This is very difficult to troubleshoot. I guess I'll have to start following code beginning with the content.php script.

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    Hmm..oh well, I really liked the widget idea, but I guess not.

Yeah, I meant in the Plugin Manager.

You could temporarily disable the plugin system (under Plugin/Hook System in the settings) and see if the problem goes away. If not, that would eliminate plugins or products.

Leave a comment:

• MikeSD
    replied

Go to Vbulletin CMS > Widgets and see if there's anything about Photopost under there. Edit again: oh, I see you said above that you don't have one. OK, but maybe look there anyway to see if any other widgets could be the cause.
    Do you mean in the Plugin Manager? I checked Vbulletin CMS and it lists about 12 things but nothing looks like photopost. When I edit them, it's simple text, variables, etc.

I made all 12 of those snippits inactive and the "Articles" tab dissappeared. So it's related, I guess. But when I looked into each of those listed, there is nothing related to photopost. However there were lots of variables and they could be picking up some reference perhaps.

I guess I could simply start over from the beginning. Nothing much to save but the database of tables and dozen articles.
    Last edited by MikeSD; Fri 10th Jul '15, 1:08pm.

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    Yeah, if you kept the database then you still have the plugins, forum blocks, and widgets. Edit: but from what you added above, it doesn't look like you have any products installed. There could still be separate plugins (probably under the 'vbulletin' product), but maybe not.

Go to Vbulletin CMS > Widgets and see if there's anything about Photopost under there. Edit again: oh, I see you said above that you don't have one. OK, but maybe look there anyway to see if any other widgets could be the cause.
    Last edited by kh99; Fri 10th Jul '15, 12:53pm.

Leave a comment:

• MikeSD
    replied

Yes, Articles goes to the CMS which is part of vbulletin. And I don't know anything about PhotoPost, so I don't know why it would have anything to do with the CMS. But what I do know is that the error message "I cannot connect to database" doesn't appear in vbulletin anywhere, and when I googled that message, the only reference to it I found was the thread I linked to. It's possible that it's just a coincidence.

Edit: oh, do you have a CMS widget for Photopost? If so, I'll bet that's it.
    I have nothing for photopost installed. There is but a single HTML link to photopost, which should be running as a seperate program, not integrated with vB. You can see that one link, on the left and says photo. But it's an HTML link. Not a plugin, not a widget.

Ok, I will pursue that. But I can say, that this vB install was a clean install. I did not integrate photopost with it. So anything related to vB shouldn't know anything about photopost yet. However, I did retain the database, and there may be something in that, that causes an access to photopost, when articles link is clicked. I also checked all of the "articles" that are in the database, and they are just text and videos (youtube), and nothing to do with photopost. Wierd!

These are the only products/plugins:
    vBulletin 4.2.2
    Forum Runner 4.2.2 Adds push notification for your users using Forum Runner on the iPhone/iPod/iPad. Also takes care of notifying users that your forum supports Forum Runner if they are viewing from a supported device.
    EditEnableExportUninstall
    Panjo 4.2.2 Classifieds integration that increases engagement, grows membership, and generates a new stream of revenue.
    EditDisableExportUninstall
    PostRelease 4.2.2 Official PostRelease plugin for vBulletin
    EditEnableExportUninstall
    Skimlinks Plugin 4.2.2 Official Skimlinks plugin for vBulletin
    vBulletin Blog 4.2.2 Personal web log, integrated with vBulletin.
    vBulletin CMS
    Thanks, at least it's a clue.

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    Originally posted by MikeSD View Post

I think you are looking at the wrong place. But ARTICLES is a vBulletin item. Part of the CMS. This is the link that's producing the error and it's a vBulleting PHP file. http://www.ipscone.com/forums/content.php

Those "Articles" that should come up have nothing to do with PhotoPost. I will check out that link though but I don't see how PP can cause a problem in an area it's not even associated with. Isn't "Articles" part of the content of CMS?

Yes, Articles goes to the CMS which is part of vbulletin. And I don't know anything about PhotoPost, so I don't know why it would have anything to do with the CMS. But what I do know is that the error message "I cannot connect to database" doesn't appear in vbulletin anywhere, and when I googled that message, the only reference to it I found was the thread I linked to. It's possible that it's just a coincidence.

Edit: oh, do you have a CMS widget for Photopost? If so, I'll bet that's it.

Leave a comment:

• MikeSD
    replied
    That error message isn't in vbulletin, so it must be an add-on. In this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...e-on-forum-php that error was coming from something called "Photopost navbar and user plugin", so if you have that installed, it's a good bet it's coming from there.

I think you are looking at the wrong place. But ARTICLES is a vBulletin item. Part of the CMS. This is the link that's producing the error and it's a vBulleting PHP file. http://www.ipscone.com/forums/content.php

Those "Articles" that should come up have nothing to do with PhotoPost. I will check out that link though but I don't see how PP can cause a problem in an area it's not even associated with. Isn't "Articles" part of the content of CMS?

I have looked in the Plugin Manager and there is nothing related to photopost.
    Last edited by MikeSD; Fri 10th Jul '15, 12:31pm.

Leave a comment:

• kh99
    replied
    That error message isn't in vbulletin, so it must be an add-on. In this thread: http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/forum...e-on-forum-php that error was coming from something called "Photopost navbar and user plugin", so if you have that installed, it's a good bet it's coming from there.

Leave a comment:

• MikeSD
    started a topic "Articles" can't connect to database, after upgrade to 4.2.2

"Articles" can't connect to database, after upgrade to 4.2.2

I posted this in the wrong site and didn't get any replies. Duh!

But after installing (actually upgrading) to 4.2.2 my "Articles" link doesn't work. As far as I can tell, everything else works. AND I know there are articles to be fetched. But when I click the link, it says, "I cannot connect to database".

The forums connect and work just fine. Just not the "Articles" link.

I did change the password. I wonder if the CMS stuff, gets the password somewhere other than where the forums get it (i.e. config.php)

Any idea why the "Articles" link isn't connecting to the database?

http://www.ipscone.com/forums/forum.php