vBulletin 4.2.2 PL 4 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vBulletin 4.2.2 PL 4 problem

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 4

Warning: Function split() is deprecated in ..../includes/functions_login.php(204) : eval()'d code on line 5
    Cookiesler konulamıyor, Headerin tarayıcıya geri gönderdiği.
    Dosya: /home/xxxxx/public_html/forum/includes/class_core.php
    Satır: 5755

Are you using the AEDectector plugin?
    Hi, I just performed the upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 on my test site but on the step after deleting the /install folder and trying to access AdminCP I get the following error: Warning: Function split() is

Comment

We just applied the latest patch and we now have the following message on top of each forum page:
      Warning: Static function vB_Route::getURL() should not be abstract in ..../vb/route.php on line 428

I have a backup. Should I restore the original route.php?

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Tyndall View Post
        Are you using the AEDectector plugin?
        yes

Comment

Originally posted by lunatix View Post
          yes
          See:

Originally posted by too_cool_3 View Post
          These warning errors are caused by AE Detector plugin. It has been solved over at vbulletin.org - the plugin code needs to be updated.

For those of you with AE Detector plugin and experiencing these errors please see post #408 here for a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Tyndall View Post

See:

thanks new problem hide hack ..../includes/vfchh/php/vfc_hide_core.php on line 267

Comment

You should turn display_errors in PHP to off. If you can't do that, then you can add this to your config.php:
              Code:
              define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
              Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
              The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

There are many bugs in the new version I went back to the old version

Comment

No there aren't.

You should use the latest patch and follow the instructions in Wayne's post.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

One question, what should I do with file includes/config.php.new (it is included in PL4 patch for some reason?)
                    Last edited by _Avalon_; Sat 10 Jan '15, 7:23am.

Comment

Originally posted by _Avalon_ View Post
                      One question, what should I do with file includes/config.php.new (it is included in PL4 patch for some reason?)
                      You can ignore it at this time.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Ok. Will do!!! Thanks!

Comment

I will post here because I am having the same problem, multiple errors opening blog area, one error on forums, ect.
                          All this from this patch and I followed everything to a T.

So I should follow Waynes instructions of adding that to my config??? but why am I getting the errors?
                          And, WHERE do I add the code once in the config file?

Comment

Originally posted by frosti View Post
                            I will post here because I am having the same problem, multiple errors opening blog area, one error on forums, ect.
                            All this from this patch and I followed everything to a T.

So I should follow Waynes instructions of adding that to my config??? but why am I getting the errors?
                            And, WHERE do I add the code once in the config file?
                            In versions prior to 4.2.2, we would capture these "errors" and throw them away. They aren't really errors but notices and warnings. A production server should have these turned off anyway.

However in 4.2.2 to test for compatibility with newer versions of PHP, we had to capture these messages and display them. So we fixed what we considered a bug that was hiding them. Unfortunately addons and modifications are not compliant or a few inconsequential things were missed. So to prevent this we added an option to hide them so the system can behave like it did in vBulletin 3 and earlier versions of 4.X. That is what the line is for.

When placing it in your config.php it can be any line as long as it is after the first line of <?php.

Wayne Luke
                            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

THANK YOU, perfectly explained.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X