• Show
Clear All

• jcard
    replied
    Thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    A. If you're going to be running on two different servers, you would need to use the IP address or a different domain tot est on the new one until you switch over. The following article gives instructions on how to create a test site - if you use the IP or other domain in the first step when backing up the database, this will let you transfer it over to the new server:

https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/cont...ng-A-Test-Site

B. minimum - 4.1.0. Recommended - 5.0.19 or newer

Leave a comment:

• jcard
    replied
    Thank you for your help. Two more items:

A. I would like to have further details about #3 I would like to test on the new server while the old forum is still live. Can I do this, and if so, how?

An answer was provided of you can create a directory name 'testvb' it must be private access and password protected.

Can someone point me towards documentation with details on what this means as it brings up more questions (i.e. what directory name would be changed?, how do you make "it" private access and "what" would I be making private access? "what" would be password protected? won't I lose my links to other posts if I change the name of the forum?, etc)

B. And is there a recommended MySQL version to use with vBulletin 4.2 and Windows Server 2012 64bit?

Thank you!

Joyce

Leave a comment:

• Trevor Hannant
    replied
    The above staff member 'is on' giving the customer the information they require.

Leave a comment:

• betterthanyours
    replied
    I have no idea what the above staff member is on. While it might "work" it is not fully compatible.

See here:
    https://www.vbulletin.com/forum/show...d-March-1st%29

Leave a comment:

• AliMadkour
    replied
    1. vBulletin 4.2 will work with PHP 5.4 ?
    Originally posted by Zachery View Post
    Yes and no.

You'll need to turn off notices and depreciated error reporting. Turning off error_display is normally better.
    We have an old GD bug that got fixed in PHP 5.4, you may need to use ImageMagick instead for the time being.
    There have been a few reports of issues with the ckeditor as well.

PHP 5.3 would be best, both applications run on php 5.3 without issue.

2. No just it must be the same forum URL.

3. you can create a directory name 'testvb' it must be private access and password protected.

Leave a comment:

• jcard
    started a topic [Forum] Questions on moving to a new physical server

Questions on moving to a new physical server

I have been reviewing http://www.vbulletin.com/docs/html/moving_servers but have questions:

Am presently running 4.2.0 (we do not plan on upgrading to 5 yet) on Windows Server 2003 32 bit using PHP 5.2.13 and mySQL 5.1.47

1. The new server will be Windows Server 2012 64bit - is there any issues running vbulletin and PHP 5.4 and MySQL with this operating system?

2. The new server will have a new ip address - does something have to be done with vbulletin account, our licensing, etc to allow for this?

3. I would like to test on the new server while the old forum is still live.
    Can I do this, and if so, how?

if anyone can point me towards documentation that answers these or provide answers, that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you